Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Alyssa

Ryan and I were at my parents house just hanging out and having drinks. We're trying to understand each other more so we can grow together.

"So will ya'll go on this small trip to Hawaii with us? It's just a small family trip." My mom said as we sat on the couch.

"I'm down for it mom, I need a vacation. Ryan and I taking our first trip together would be something."I said holding his hand while looking at him.

"I don't know if that's a good idea Alley..." Ryan said.

"Why not?" I questioned.

He just looked at me not saying anything. I didn't want to do this in front of my parents so I just didn't say anything back.

"Ya'll good?" My dad asked.

"Yes daddy, but anyways more about this trip. When do you guys plan on going?" I asked.

"Probably in a few months, we haven't got a set date just yet. I'm gonna try to work around the kids school schedule."

Ryan's started ringing and I saw that he declined the call. For some reason he just wasn't really here with me...like his mind was somewhere else. I tried to ignore it though because we would just talk later.

"Well I think I'll be able to go for the most part. I'm sure I'll need a vacation soon dealing with my new beginnings with my studio."

"You're handling everything really well, I'm extremely proud of you."

Ryan's phone was going crazy at the moment so I turned back to him and saw that it was "Ali" flashing across his screen. I had no idea why that girl was blowing his phone up right now but it was kinda annoying me.

"Really?" I whispered to him.

"Really what?" he asked looking at me.

"We're going to step out for a second." I said grabbing Ryan's hand and walking out the back door of the house onto the patio.

"Why are you doing all of this Alley?" Ryan asked staring at me weirdly.

"Why is this girl blowing up your phone?"

He sighed. "Can we not do this Alyssa? We at your parents house right now. Don't do this because it's really not that serious. I don't know why she keeps calling me."

"Are you still dealing with her? I mean what the hell and she's still calling." I said pointing at his ringing phone.

"I haven't talked to her in a minute Alyssa."

"Let me see your phone Ry." I said reaching for it.

He pulled away. "Chill the fuck out. This the shit I be talking about. You want me to marry you but look how you acting. We at your parents crib so chill out mane."

"Really? So you're gonna take it there? Why is she calling you back to back like this? You still having sex with her or something because no female is going to be blowing a guy up like that if he isn't giving her the attention."