A Time Keeper's Tale

It had been a year since I had joined the circus, and I don't regret it one bit. People loved my hypnotism act, including the other circus members! I made lots of friends, but I was especially close to the younger members.

"Time Keeper!" One of the clown girls, fallowed by her group of friends, called out to me.

I turned to her and smiled. "Oh, hello there! What can I do for you?"

"Can you tell us a story?" The only boy of the group pipped up.

I thought for a moment, and then I nodded. "Of course! Come, sit down!" I said, sitting down on one of the crates. They sat down in front of me, their eyes wide in awe. So innocent. After a while, I began to speak.

"Once upon a time, there was a man named Luther. He was a pirate captain of a beautiful ship. He was the bravest man to ever live, along with his pirate crew. They searched all over the world for treasure to bring back to his family. Well... one day... he went missing. And so, his daughter decided to go out and find him.

She built herself a ship and set sail. She sailed all over to find her father, but not without running into trouble along the way. She encountered monsters, pirates, and cannibals, but managed to fight them off and be known all over as Little Red."

"Wow...!" The children gasped, takeing in every word I said. I chuckled softly and continued.

"One day, Little Red came to an island and came to shore to re-stock on food and water. She walked into the deep jungle to find her supplies, but heard a soft rustling behind her. She turned to find a big... vicious... mean... dog! And boy, was he hungry!

Little Red reached into the bag and grabbed the last pice of dried meat she had and threw it at the dog. The dog snatched the meat out of the air, eating it in one gulp. Scared for her life, Little Red was about ready to run, but at that moment, the dog sat down in front of her and wagged its tail, happy for the snack.

Little Red smiled and patted the dogs head, happy to have a new friend. After gathering the supplies she needed, Little Red and her new friend Bear set sail once again to find her father."

The children blinked at me in confusion. "Well, what happens next?" Asked one of the girls.

I smiled at her and chuckled. "You'll just have to find out... tomorrow."

"Aww!" The children whined.

"Now now, no buts! We all have work to do for the show tonight!"

"Okay..." they all said, getting up and dispersing.

I heard a gentle clapping behind me and looked to see Dagger standing there, smiling. "Nice story, Time Keeper." He said, and then smirked. "Or should I say, Little Red..."

I blushed softly and shrugged. "Just trying to keep the young ones entertained..."

He chuckled and patted my shoulder. "Keep up the good work." He said, and then walked away.

My blush faded and I nodded. "I will..."