Chapter 16

Lance's POV
It took us 312 miles, six and a half hours, two bathroom stops, and one gas tank refill to get us to the lake house. The house was perched at a Plateau on top of a small hill surrounded for miles by trees. Our uncle owned a giant circle of private land around the house that we would use to play games in as kids. When I pulled up to the house, I looked over to see not only Rachel sleeping, but Luna and Tyler as well. I turned the car off and rested my hand on Rachel's. She opened up her eyes and smiled at me. I put a finger to my mouth to keep her from waking Luna and Tyler. It had been a while since Luna had really slept, so, I figured that now was as good a time as any. We carefully and quietly opened our car doors and grabbed the bags that were in the front on Rachel's lap and feet. I reached for the keys on the dash before I shut my door. Rachel and I walked up the creaky steps until we reached the door. I looked at Rachel and she had an inquisitive look on her face.
"By the way you described it, I was picturing something a little more... well kept." She giggled as I smiled at her.
"The last time I was here was the summer before my parents died. It looked way better then. Hopefully the inside still looks the same." I unlocked and opened the door. Rachel's face lit up like a light bulb. She was looking at the windows. When you walked into the house, the first thing you see are the windows overlooking the lake. When you walk in, the living room is all open with a loft surrounding it from above and an overly high ceiling. The far wall was basically made of windows and was the main attraction of the house. Along with the acres upon acres of forest that my uncle owned, he also owned the lake, which he 'creatively' named Velussi Lake. Rachel was walking around the living room in awe. She turned back towards me, her face bright with excitement.
"Why have I never been here until now? This is the most beautiful house I have ever seen in my life. Is that really a wall of windows over looking a lake?"
"Yeah. It's gorgeous, isn't it? They were always my favorite." I put my arm around her shoulder and she rested her head on my chest as we looked out upon the lake.
"You know, with everything that's happened the last couple days, I feel like we've been together for years. Is that crazy?" I looked at her straight on with the light from the sunset hitting my back.
"Actually, I've been feeling the same thing. It feels like we've been dating for as long as I can remember. It feels like Luna's been playing mind games with us all since she was a baby. And weirdly enough, it feels like Tyler has been wth us for a really long time too." I looked into her eyes as they shimmered in the sunlight. "Rach, I don't want to move too quickly, but at the same time I feel like we're ready for everything." She took a step closer to me and tugged on my button-up shirt. She started to walk towards the hall and she stopped and stood there for a second.
"Okay, so this was going to be really sexy and romantic with me tugging your shirt, but I don't know where the bedrooms are." A small smile filled her face and she looked up at me. I cupped her face and pulled her to mine and started to kiss her. After what felt like forever but was probably only a few seconds, I decided I'd help her out a little bit. I pulled away, but barely.
"My room is the second door on the right. Luna's is upstairs in the loft. They won't hear us." With that, she continued to pull my shirt as we got lost into the night and were swept away until the morning.

Luna's POV
I woke up just as the moon was rising. My head was on Tyler's legs. I could feel him brushing my hair out of my face with his fingers with a tenderness I didn't know he possessed. I didn't open my eyes because I was afraid that this moment would end. He must have known that I was awake, because he stopped brushing my hair and put his hand over my hips, rubbing over my side.
"I know you're awake. Remember how you have telepathy that you can't control yet?" I turned around so that my head was facing his abdomen and I was looking up.
"I forgot. Again." I sighed deeply. "I don't think I'm ever gonna get it." He looked at me like I was crazy.
"Luna, you already have so much control over some of your powers and you have abilities I don't even fully understand. Luna, you're gonna get it and you're gonna be great at it." He stared at me silently for a minute, letting his eyes do the talking. He resumed with, "I believe in you, Luna. I truly do. With all my heart." Lance's words were ringing in my ears, telling me not to move so fast. But my hearts voice was louder and stronger. I lifted my body up by Tyler's neck and started kissing him. It felt almost as if there was a spark when we touched. Not long after, I was fumbling my fingers around for the bottom of his t-shirt while he was unzipping my dress smoothly. I stopped for a second and pulled away sharply.
"Are you sure you want to do this, Tyler?" He was looking at me with a puzzled expression but it gradually lightened.
"Of course. Luna I've felt a connection with you that I've never felt before right when I met you. It feels like we've been together for years. I don't know what it is about you, but you bring out the best in me. I want this, Luna. The real question is, do you?" He looked at me, his blue eyes filled with moonlight. I could feel his breath on my cheek and his heart pumping through his veins. I could also feel that he was growing more and more nervous the longer I didn't answer him.
"I'll answer you, but only if you come in with me." I smiled at him and he smirked and shook his head.
"As you wish, darlin'." He grabbed the bags from the trunk over the seat and followed me inside. The house was dark and quiet when I walked in. I flicked on the light to the kitchen and living room. I pointed to the area I wanted Tyler to put the bags and I started walking towards Lance's room. What I heard, I couldn't believe. It was Lance and Rachel! The thought of them together like that couldn't leave my mind. I love their relationship, but this aspect of it never occurred to me. That's when I heard Tyler walk near me and I met him halfway so he couldn't hear, too. Before I could get a word out, he decided to remind me about my powers again. "Luna, once again, you're speaking out loud to me. And I agree with you, that thought is very strange. But mostly because of the fact that your brother had a girlfriend to begin with. But that's beside the point. Now, I'm inside, just where you said you would answer me. Do you want to do this?" He took my hands in his and we were face to face. I smiled and walked him to the stairs leading up to the loft.
"Now, Lance's room is down in that hall, but the big one was always mine." I rushed my way up the stairs, with Tyler not far behind. There was a little area near the railing that was almost like a den, but beyond that were two doors. One was to the bathroom, and the other to my room. I opened the French doors that lead into it. The king bed has a beautiful canopy over it in a shade of pastel pink. There's a window seat off the left side of the bed and a mahogany dresser on the right. Straight ahead off the foot of the bed is the door to the bathroom. Everything in this room has always flowed so smoothly from light to dark. It would fascinate me as a child, the way the light would take over the room. When we walked in, I shut the doors and Tyler was no less that two inches away from me. Any closer and his body would have swallowed mine whole. He walked me backwards over to the bed where he unzipped my dress again. This time, I knew exactly where his shirt was. I lifted it up and off his body. He always wore his t-shirts so loose with his leather jacket over it, I forgot he was so muscular, even when I saw his body and scars earlier today. He was pure muscle from his shoulders all the way down. Before anything happened, I looked up at Tyler. Our eyes met deeply. I opened my mind to him, and the thought rang through like church bells on a Sunday.
Yes.
After that, everything was beautiful bliss.