Chapter 10

Tyler's POV
I watched Luna fall. It happens to everyone when they get their powers. They get so strong, so fast, that people are too weak to hold them. They pass out and wake up sometime before the end of their 18th birthday if they can hold on to their powers. I have never heard of someone using their powers while unconscious on their first day of having them. Never. It just adds on to the uniqueness that she doesn't know she has. I tried to move to help her up when I heard her brother yell.
"Don't you dare touch her."
"At least let me help you carry her to your home. You can't possibly carry both Luna and your friend at the same time."
"My friend has a name. That's Rachel. I'm Lance. If you're going to help us, you mine as well know our names. Besides, you were just shot in the chest. How on earth could you help us carry her when you were just shot?" I looked at him and he nodded back. He watched me get up and head over to pick up Luna. I spoke on my way.
"It's not the first time I've been shot. I can fight through the pain for a while. Trust me." I was as gentle as I could be when I picked her up. We moved swiftly in the woods until we got back to the horses. Lance set Rachel on one while I hoped on a gorgeous white one with Luna wrapped in my arms. Lance hopped on his, checking back at Rachel one more time. With a small flick of his heel the horse was off. We were going at a quick pace through the woods. The horses couldn't sprint through the narrow trail, but they could surely walk pretty fast. We got to their house in no time at all. Lance just about flew off his horse to get Rachel off of hers while I gently slid off mine with Luna in my arms. I made an awful grunting sound when I pounded my feet on the ground. Lance walked over to the door and opened it, allowing me to see the inside. The house was beautiful in its old age. He walked up the stairs into a room that was painted a faint pink with a beige floral comforter. He set Rachel down on the edge of the bed alongside Luna. I pulled a pillow down behind her head to prop it up. Her dress looked stunning on her. Lance started to unwrap the sweatshirt that was around Rachel's leg. When he got to the last layer we could hear the blood moving that was stuck to the sweatshirt.
"Am I hurting you?"
"No. It's just that my leg is broken and its moving and it shouldn't do that-oh my freaking god! Yup that hurts."
"I have to get this off. Fight through the pain for one more second." He moved it as quickly around her leg as he could, trying not to have her scream. But she did. I looked back at Luna. She was still unconscious. The more I looked at her, the more I realized she was as perfect. Everything about her just seemed to fit just right. Not a single thing was out of place about her. She was gorgeous and stunning. I sat down next to her on the bed. Just looking at her made me smile. Suddenly, she began to glow a beautiful aqua color. I was still sitting there. I grabbed her hand and whispered.
"Everything will be okay, Luna. Just trust me. Everything will be fine." Lance was watching me. I could tell he doesn't trust me. I took a deep breath, hoping that she heard me talk to her. She gasped and sat up. She was still catching her breath when she spoke just loud enough that only I could hear.
"Just for the record, I think you look stunning, too."

Rachel's POV
Luna stood up and walked over to me.
"I heard you screaming Rach. Are you gonna be okay?"
"Yeah. It's just gonna take a very long time to heal." Lance was about to speak when Tyler cut him off.
"It doesn't have to take you a long time to heal, Rachel. Luna can heal you." I looked at Luna who was crouched down next to my leg, staring at Tyler. She stood up.
"How? How could I possibly heal her leg?"
"Well, using your powers to physically alter the way people are is something that is very difficult to do, but I think you can do it. Even with no experience, you are still more powerful than most." She looked at me in awe.
"Can you tell me how to do it?"
"Yeah. Let me walk you through it." He crouched down next to my leg and took in a breath of pain.
"Okay. All you have to do is channel your emotions. Think about healing her leg and how happy you two would be if it was healed. That should do it." Luna closed her eyes and let her hands touch my leg, one above the break and one below. Then words looked like they slipped out of her mouth.
"Sendatu." Once she said that it felt like one big push on my leg. I screamed for a split second, but then it stopped. The pain went away. It was gone. "How does it feel, Rach? Is it okay?"
"Actually Luna, it feels better than it did before we left. I think it's actually healed!" Luna grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet. I walked a few steps before she attacked me with a hug. It was a miracle. She healed me with her emotions and a single word. When Luna stopped she let Lance in for a kiss. It was longer that our first one, yet it still only lasted a few seconds until he let go of my lips to hold on to my body. His hug felt so good and so natural. It was great. Until Tyler spoke.
"Wait, you two are a couple? Well that makes a lot of sense now." We all giggled, including Tyler. His laugh was kinda cute. It was a lot like Luna's, actually. I am still in shock over what she had done, but I had one final question.
"Luna, I have a question for you."
"What is it Rachel?"
"Right before you healed my leg, you said something, a single word. It was sendatu or something. Do you know what it is or why you said it?"
"I honestly don't remember saying it. It must have just slipped out when I was trying to heal you."
"Actually, girls, that word is Basque for heal. When using more advanced skills with your powers, you speak the language of your ancestors. Was someone from your mothers side of your family from Basque?"
"My great-grandmother, I believe, yes. But why did I speak Basque to heal Rachel?"
"It all has to do with your history. I can explain it all to you later, but now, we need to work on getting you food. You haven't eaten in almost 2 days and that's not helping you to pass out any less. Come on. Let's go get you some food."
"Not with you bleeding out like that." Lance was really trying to sound sincere, but he truly just didn't trust this guy and he spoke with an edge in his voice. "What do you mean by bleeding out?" Luna walked over to Tyler and lifted his hand from his ribs. "Oh my god, you were shot? When did that happen? Are you okay?" Tyler looked at her with a puzzled expression.
"What is the last thing you remember?" "Um, I remember you punching the guy that kidnapped me and you were answering my questions, then, I guess I passed out. Clearly I missed something." "Yeah, you missed me getting shot by Mr. Black and then you used your powers to fling Mr. Black into the dense forest."
"I did what? Is he okay? Did I hurt him? What if he's dead?"
"Slow down Luna, don't panic. He's fine. If he was dead, you'd feel it. Trust me."
"Okay. I'll trust you. But don't make me regret it." She walked Tyler back to a chair and gave him a playful push on his shoulder until he fell back. She sat on his legs so their faces were almost touching. She was definitely flirting with him. She got closer to his chest and moved his hand off his ribcage. She closed her eyes tilted her head back and flicked it forward, her eyes now glowing green. "Sendatu nire maitasuna" Tyler sat up tall after she said that.
"So I'm your love now, huh?"
"What are you talking about?"
"The words you just spoke. They mean 'heal my love' in Basque."
"Oh. I didn't know that. I don't know that I'm speaking it. I don't even know the language." Luna was blushing out of control. "I swear." She hopped off of his lap and stood in front of him, her arms outstretched for his. He grabbed her hand, revealing the hole that is now left in his shirt with healed skin behind it, and stood up. With that, we left the room in search of food at 2 o'clock in the morning.