Chapter 7

Luna's POV
The ride was filled with green leaves and orange sky. Peaceful. Blissful. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but it was great while it did. At this point, I never wanted it to end. Yet in a weird way, I did. Because when it did, Lance and Rachel would talk. And get into a relationship. And make me really happy in the process. I can't wait for them to talk and be a couple. I've seen the way they act around each other and it's so adorable. I've wanted them to get together for what felt like years now. I really hope that they do. I don't want the reason they don't get together to be me. I don't want them to think that because I'm doing some weird, unexplainable things, that they shouldn't be together. I decided to break the peaceful silence.
"Guys. We all need to talk." I was going for it. Straight forward.
"Uh... about what?" I sensed that she knew what. I tried not to. I don't want to read her mind. But I couldn't stop it. It flooded in. Lance saved me.
"Yeah, what is it?"
"It's about both of you. I kinda heard you guys earlier. The vents in the kitchen carry the sound up to my room." With a flick of my eyes in his direction, I felt his emotions. He was embarrassed, hopeful, and at the same time, relieved that this topic was being breached. I got all that from a split second glance at him. I squeezed my eyes tight in hopes that it would stop, but it would only stop when my mind went somewhere else.
"Okay... how much did you hear?" Lance had that little twinge in his voice he got when he was a little nervous or uncomfortable.
"Well, I'll just say I heard it all. To the end. To the kiss." I looked at Rachel, hoping she wouldn't hate me for bringing it up, but she smiled at me, then smiled even bigger at Lance. He smiled back and giggled a little. "So, are you guys gonna be a couple?" Their happy smiles turned into more of a questioning face.
"I don't know... Lance?" She looked to him desperately for the answer. He looked to me. And I looked at them both.
"Luna, how would you feel about it? We don't want to make you uncomfortable. What if the worst happens? What would happen to our friendships?"
"Well, I'd hope you two would be big enough to get over petty issues like that and both still be my family. But, I am completely okay with this relationship. I've actually kinda wanted this for awhile. You guys just always acted so cute around each other! Please? Will you guys be one of those couples who take obnoxiously cute photos all the time and are too adorable for your own good? I don't wanna rush you guys into it, but you guys should hurry up on your decision because I need this relationship in my life."
"Fine. We can tell you by the end of the day. Right Lance?" She smirked at him.
"Yeah. Sure we can. All we need is a little time."

Rachel's POV
Lance and I let Luna get ahead of us a little bit so we could talk.
"So, what should we do?"
"I have absolutely no idea." Lance said that with a strange level of confidence.
"I have an idea that's not completely terrible."
"What is it, Rach?"
"I say we figure it out along the way. We try being in a relationship. If it doesn't work out the way we want it to, we can get out before it gets too intense. If it works, we continue, full force."
"That actually wasn't the worst idea. We can do that. It could work." He was right. It could really work. We had our horses trot up to where Luna was and we continued our ride in our blissful silence. At one point, it seemed as though the longer the silence got, the more sure I was about this relationship. I like Lance more than he could imagine. More than almost anything. This is what I wanted. Every thought made it sound more and more perfect. We made it to the clearing at the start of night. We got off the horses and started to unload. We set out the blanket and the food and began to watch the sky partake in its daily ritual. I looked over at Lance, and he looked over at me. I nodded my head. He nodded his as well. Then, I spoke.
"Yes." I didn't know at first if I had actually said that one out loud. I can't figure it out anymore. Then I saw Luna perk up a little bit and she whipped herself around at us.
"Really?" Her face was all lit up from facing the moon. We saw the joy in her face and it made me smile more.
"Yeah. We're gonna date." Lance was smiling when he said that. Then he reached for my hand.  Luna was watching us the entire time.
"Aw! You guys make so happy! I'm gonna be the best 3rd wheel a couple could ask for!" With that, we all laughed. Then suddenly, Luna stopped, all emotion falling from her face. She faced the moon and her eyes flicked green. Lance and I jumped at the sight of it. We still didn't know what green eyes meant. She was starting to shake, but I didn't dare touch her. I didn't know what to do. Silence followed for what felt like forever. Then suddenly, she gasped. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, they were blue.