-E I G H T E E N-

Start from the beginning

Usually, her room was girly. She had purple walls with pink and white everything else. Her comforter was pink and white with purple throw pillows. She had white furniture with pink accents. I personally liked her room better when she wasn't home because I could see everything. When she came home, everything was hidden under clothes and unfinished assignments.

"When were you gonna tell me, you had a boyfriend?!" I screeched the second I saw her under the piles of clothes.

She jumped, the clothes covering her flying everywhere, some almost hitting me. She blew the piece of hair in her face away and frowned at me, "When did you plan on telling me you dumped Micah?"

"Touché."

Lindsay's hair was straightened. Though it was everywhere, I knew it passed her shoulders. She had taken the time to straighten her hair which meant she wanted to impress her boyfriend. I decided not to pry anymore, knowing she was already stressed as it was. She was probably trying to find an outfit and struggling.

I hopped back down the stairs and called Mufasa. He scurried to the door, almost falling on his face. I hooked his leash to his collar and we were on our way. While I planned on walking my dog, Mufasa had other plans. He began running the second I closed the door. I struggled to keep up with him. I really needed to walk him more often.

He finally stopped to pee on a tree and I began panting. This dog would be the reason I get pneumonia. Once he finished, he sat down and waited for me. I glared at the animal and he began panting like me. This dog may not seem like the smartest animal, but if he isn't a troublemaker.

"Keep playing with me and you're gonna have to find yourself a new walker," I warned. "You have taken a liking to Griffin. Maybe you should ask him to walk you."

He cocked his head to the side. I sighed, realizing I was talking to a dog. I finally caught my breath and realized we were at the park. Kids were everywhere today. They all had the day off, so it was expected. I wanted to get away as quickly as possible.

Still, I couldn't help but think about Tuesday. Griffin seemed like he didn't get to express his emotions like that much. It was heartbreaking, but I couldn't think too much about how I felt. Both of us crying wouldn't help anything. In that moment, I saw a side of Griffin I never thought existed. Seeing him cry was like looking into a mirror.

He spent so much time hiding behind a façade and the minute the truth surfaced again, the mask fell off of his face. I was the exact same way when my grandma passed. The difference is he's better at hiding. He had been hiding behind his mask for years without anyone noticing. That was the thing with emotional masks: the happier the mask seems, the worst the real thing is.

"You called?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin, "STRANGER DANGER!"

A few kids stared at me, all fearful. I started to run, but Mufasa didn't move. I tried tugging on his leash, but he just sat in the same place, his tail wagging behind him. I glanced up at the potential murderer and realized it was only Griffin.

"Griffin! You need a bell or something! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I screamed at him.

"You're the one that called," He shrugged with no remorse.

I sighed, "You need a phone or something because this has to stop. One of these days I'm gonna croak and you're gonna be taking me away early."

"Why would I need a phone?" He questioned. "All you have to do is call my name and I'm here."

"Because, you dimwit, you're not the only Griffin in existence. Just because I said your name doesn't mean I need your assistance," I explained. "If you had a phone, I'd be able to call or text you when I need you."