Kidnapped by a Psychopath- Chapter 4

Edited.
AMBER RAIN:

"If we can't face death, we'll never overcome it. You have to look it straight in the eye. Then you can turn around and walk back out into the light."

As I leaned in closer to the blue eyed man in front of me, his grin widened. It wasn't a grin that reached his eyes, it was one that brought out his more sadistic-look. That look was what was making my body shake after every breath.

"Come on now, darling, don't waste my time." He clapped his hands together and made his spinning chair spin in a circle while laughing. "Too much to do. Too much to talk about." His chair stopping spinning, his eyes darkened. "Don't test me."

The sudden mood change had me picking up the pace slightly. His grin grew once more at the reaction from me.

I leaned back in the cool leather chair and it instantly sent shivers down my spine, the goosebumps licking my sticky skin. I tucked some hair behind my ear and crossed my arms across my chest meeting eye contact.

"Do you have any idea why you have been taken to my headquarters, Amber?" He asked while picking at the desk. His long nails making an eerie scratching noise.

"No." I spit before turning my head in a direction away from his gaze, breaking my staring contest with the striking eyes. I instantly felt a new wave of tears rush over my body. "Why am I here?" I whispered softly, brokenly.

"Well, believe it or not our families actually have something in common." He said with a slight edge to his tone. "A connection."

"I'm. . .I'm pretty sure I've never heard about this place or this. . .family." I drawled out while placing my right hand on my temple.

"Oh yes, mio caro, think long and hard about your situation." He said while leaning closer to me. He leaned over me, as if he was examining me, looking for any trace of truth on my face.

"Please." I whispered. "I don't know. I have been at college for the past six months." His eye twitched

"ENOUGH! Quit bullshitting me and admit you know the truth! You know what your father is." He hissed. "He would have told you!" He yelled while gripping the desk harshly.

I leaned back in the chair further and blinked away tears. "What t-truth? My father is a business man!" I cried out. "I swear it! I don't know about your family or this house or. . .anything!"

"Don't raise your fucking voice at me, Amber!" He screamed while standing up at his towering height once again. He turned to walk around his large desk, and he looked pissed.

In that moment I knew I couldn't stay here. I wasn't sure what he was going to do with me but I had many ideas. He would kill me, he could put me into sex-trafficking, he could rape me. I could see the fury burning behind his eyes and the tense muscles under his suit.  He was psychotic and I needed to get out. Now.

"Don't try to escape. I know how you like to. Runner. If you do, the house will go on lockdown and men will be everywhere, you won't be able to take a step down those stairs."

Shadow's voice rang out throughout my head. I turned to look at the doors and back at the man who now stood in front of me. His eyes were challenging.