Chapter 21

Marinette's POV

I sighed as I eagerly waited for Adrien to come back into the room. Manon came and sat next to me.

"Hey. How's it going?"

"It's okay. I don't know how I'm going to get to school though." I face palmed. Me too.

"do you want to me to take you?" she shrugged.

"do I have to go? Maybe I shouldn't have said anything." she laughed.

"we all have to go to school. Actually, it can be fun. But it's all up to you." I poked her nose and she smiled.

"alright alright. Since you begged. I'll go." I chuckled.

"you were gonna go either way." we laughed as Adrien made his way in the room.

" knock knock."he smiled. We both looked at him. I got up and held the bottle. It was the perfect temperature.

"how'd you know how long?" I asked surprised.

"it's kind of helpful to have someone who knows what their doing help you out. " he scratched the back of his neck. I smirked and shook my head. I went over to the baby and held the bottle in her mouth. I had to bend over but the baby knew how to hold it.

"she can do it herself you know." Manon smiled. I let it go and Adelyn chugged it down. "what's that on your belt loop?" I froze. I totally forgot my special yoyo.

"uhm.. That's just my yoyo." I tried to act cool about it.

" Can I try it?!" she asked excitedly. I couldn't say no.

" uh sure. But try to be easy with it. There's more to it than what meets the eye." I handed it to her. She smiled and started going up and down with it. I smiled. After a few minutes, she got bored with it and gave it back. That's when the baby started crying. She probably finished by now. I took her out of her seat and began tapping on her back.

"hey Adrien, could you hand me a cloth from the bag?"

" yeah. Sure." he pulled one out as I asked him to lay it under Addy's shoulder. The baby burped a few times. I gave her to Adrien. I went over to Manon and sat next to her on the bed.

"do you have some clothes to change into?" I asked her. She nodded."you should take a shower for school tomorrow. Yeah?" I smiled as she jumped up and grabbed a plastic bag with her clothes in it. I showed her to the bathroom, taught her how to use the shower (even though I was learning with her) and got right out. I looked over to Adrien who yawned and held the baby. I smiled and took the baby from him. I heard a knock on the door. We both turned our heads to see Mr.Agreste at the door.he cleared his throat.

"the baby needs some supplies for the night. We still have Adrien old basenet if you will."

" oh. Uh yeah that'd be helpful." I nodded. Mr.Agreste snapped his finger as Adrien's other door opened and people I didn't know came in holding the amazing piece of furniture. they placed it at the end of the bed and immediately left.

"I won't be bothering you again tonight. I have a deadline by the end of the week. "

"oh. Well, good luck sir. " I smiled. He nodded and left the room. " is that his way of saying goodnight to you?" I asked. Adrien nodded. " gosh that's terrible."

"eh. You get used to it after 2 or so years of him acting that way. After my mom died. He hasn't been the same."

"Adrien. I'm sorry."

"Nah, don't sweat it. "

"Alright." I gasped.

" what's wrong?"