Chapter 18

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?"

"I spent the night remember?" Some dirty thoughts filled my head. I shook them away.

"If my mom or dad found out you were here. I'm as good as dead!" I heard my mom opening my trap door. I held my breath.

"Adrien. I cleaned your uniform." My eyes opened as I looked at her holding Adrien's Chat Noir costume.

"B-But." I wearily pointed to it as she gave it to him.

"Thanks Sabine." He took them as grabbed his bag from behind him. He was dressed in normal clothes.

"B-But?"

"Oh Marinette. You don't think i would actually let anything happen do you? Silly silly girl." She patted my head. "Now head off to school. Both of you. Go on now." She handed me and Adrien a croissant and wooshed us off. I didn't have time to argue. I fled down the stairs and ran across the street without looking. Which is dangerous but at least I didn't get hit. I walked up to the school and looked back. Adrien was strolling across the street as the cars waited for him to pass. He walked up to me with his hands in his pockets. He didn't have his bag.

"Where's your bag! We have senior classes today!"

"Marinette. It's saturday." I looked at him like it was crazy.

"What?" i took out my phone. Sure enough. It was saturday. I facepalmed and felt like crying. "Ugh!!! Why does my life suck?"

"No. I think you're just adorable. Come on. I wanna take you somewhere today."

"Somewhere?" We crossed the street. "Why can't you just tell me where we're going now?"

"Because it's a surprise. But you gotta drop your bag off at home. You mind?" I shook my head. "Good." We opened the bakery door and my dad waved to us.

"Hey papa. Could you do me a favor?" I politely asked him.

"Anything for you Marinette." he smiled and put his huge hand on my shoulder.

"Could you make sure this gets up to my room. Adrien wants to take me out. It's a reservation and we might be late." I whispered the last part.

"Oh. I see. I will Marinette. You two have a good time. He waved to Adrien and he smiled. I walked out of the bakery and looped my arm with his.

"Your dad is so nice Marinette."

"Yeah he is. My parents are really great."

"Yeah." We turned a corner and kept walking.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going now?"

"Nope. But nice try."

"Come on Adrien. Not even a little hint?"

"If I give you a hint, you'll be able to guess it." He chuckled. I began to pout.

"I'm a terrible guesser you know." I smiled. He laughed.

"Haha. I'm not telling you."

"Well am I at least dressed for the occasion?"

"Yeeup. Actually-"

"OH MY GOSH I'M NOT! That's it. I'll never be a known fashion designer, wearing clothes like this! WHAT AM I THINKING?!"

"Marinette. I was going to say your pajamas would've been fine. That's how laid back it's going to be. Just chill." I took a deep breath and let it out as we turned into a dead end alley. I let go of him.

"Uh. Adrien. Are you trying to find a place to kill me?" He looked back and smiled.

"Maybe." I narrowed my eyes and followed him.