another talk

Ezra rolled his pencil across his stone table the next day. He was in his working space with nothing to do.
Training wasn't for hours and it was too early to see Toothless.
A shadow of someone caught his attention. Looking up, he almost flipped to see Kanan.
"Kanan! Hey what are you doing up so early?" He asked. Extremely relieved that the man was blind. If Kanan could see what was on the boy's walls he'd throw a million questions at him.
"I came to check up on you" Kanan replied going in and handing Ezra a cup of Kaff.
He leant against the bench with his own Kaff while Ezra sat on the table.
"I went to your room to talk but you weren't there."
"Talk?" Ezra asked.
"You're barely around anymore. I wanted to talk to you about your progress in the arena."
"Oh, that. What about it?" Ezra inquired.
"What about it?" Kanan repeated.
"Ezra. You've stepped up so much! From being a non killer, to placing first in dragon training? You've impressed me kid."
Ezra smiled with a nod and drank some of his Kaff.
"I can't wait to know how Commander Ridgeback reacts to seeing you deal with the beasts!'
Ezra spat out the Kaff he'd been drinking.
"Ridgeback? Ridgeback is coming to watch us train in the arena today?" Ezra choked.
"No. He's not coming to watch. He's coming to train you guys."
Ezra's eyelid twitched.
"Say what?" He said after a while of silence.
"You're not a good listener this morning are you? Ridgeback is coming to train you guys today. He'll be giving you tips and extra experience."
Ezra sat, clutching his Kaff tightly as he stared at his most recent drawing of Toothless.
"Hello? Kanan Jarrus to Ezra Bridger? You in there?"
Kanan's voice snapped him from his thoughts.
"Yeah yeah. I'm here" he replied.
"I have to go out on a mission with Hera later on, so I won't be able to attend your training. And a word of advice kid. Don't get nervous when Ridgeback teaches you. You'll do fine. Just do everything you've done before. Succeed."
With that, Kanan stood, patted his Padawan's shoulder then left.
'Don't get nervous when Ridgeback teaches me? That's like asking me to have a staring contest with a Whispering Death!' Ezra thought.

For all those who don't know what a Whispering Death is:

I am open to suggestions.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲