"I'm sorry, I have family matters that I need to attend to, please tell Sensei that I won't be here for...quite some time!! BYE!!"

And with that, she was gone.

"She left really fast, zura." Hanamaru panted, supporting her weight against the door frame.

"We had better leave then," The chunnibyou behind her muttered, hoisting her bag upon her shoulder haphazardly. "We shouldn't stay in a house when its host isn't around."

"For once, I do agree with you, zura."

XXXXX

"Great." Nico muttered out of the corner of her mouth.

A giant red wolf was standing in the middle of her bedroom, its fur crackling with passive flames.

"Maki, you had better explain."

The wolf turned around to face her, and used its snout to gently nudge her to the bed.

"Maki, what are you do-"

She was pushed down firmly onto the soft bed, the mattress groaning under the combined weight of Maki and her.

"I'm a werewolf." Purple eyes flashed with slight hurt when Nico struggled against her, and she directed her gaze downwards to the floor.

"I've more...or less figured it out, but at least, tell me how?"

Maki continued staring at the floor, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world right then. Her paws, which were on either side of Nico's head, fidgeted nervously. Her lavender eyes then moved to meet her girlfriend's pink ones, seeking reassurance.

"I..." She trailed off when Nico rubbed her snout comfortingly.

"I didn't think that you'll look this cute as a wolf," The black-haired girl whispered.

She could understand, maybe it was a traumatic experience for her lover, and she did not want to remind her of the probable pain she might have needed to deal with.

Maki's eyes widened, and deep down, she was touched.

"You aren't afraid of me? Of what I've become?"

Nico shook her head determinedly.

"Why on Earth would I be? You're still Maki to me."

Maki smiled softly to herself, all the fretting that Umi had gone on and on about, that there was no way that their girlfriends would continue loving them, was for nothing.

She was such a worrywart.

With a jump and a twist, Maki landed on the floor in her human form again, brushing her torn red shirt.

Running up to her, Nico embraced her as tightly as she could, her tiny frame against Maki's bigger one.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, Maki-chan."