67

warning: tooth-rotting fluff. i really can't write fluff that well but at least i tried.

dan

i rushed to my room and shut the door behind me. with shaky hands, i quickly grabbed my phone on the bedside table to check the time.

10:27 a.m.

that fucker.

i thought i was late but he was just too early. he just arrived at the doorstep, he didn't even send a message.

i still rushed to pick clothes for me and straighten my hair despite myself. i even nearly burn my scalp because of it. i really hate him for arriving so early.

when i'm done, i looked at myself in the mirror once and tiptoed to the living room to see phil scrolling through his phone. i slowly came up behind him to give him a fright but the name of the person he is texting caught me off guard.

gail?

where have i heard that name before?

he slowly turned his head and his eyes widened a bit when he saw me, "dan,"

"yeah?" i blushed at his gaze, earlier concerns forgotten.

"your hair's a bit curly on this side." he reached up to stroke my fringe, seeming to be in awe.

i quickly retreated back and reached up to fix the hair that phil's been stroking, "i-uh, give me a minute. i'll just—"

"no, just leave it like that. it's adorable."

adorable. he called me adorable! "no, it will look weird to leave the house my hair only half straightened." i let out a tiny chuckle

"oh," he pouted, "next time?"

"can't promise that," i shrugged, "i'm sorry, i know you already waited enough. i'll be quick."

he smiled softly, "take your time."

as i promised, i rushed to straighten my hair, it was a bit dangerous but i don't want phil to wait more than he already did.

so i when back to the living room, he complimented me and just muttered a shy "thanks" before practically pulling him with me.

the car ride wasn't the least bit awkward. phil kept the conversation going whilst his eyes are trained on the road. and that means i have the chance to ogle him without him realising.

"having an old friend can have its ups sometimes."

"hey! i'm not old." he pouted

aw, he's cute

"why, thank you." phil giggled

what the fuck, did i say that out loud?

"you're doing it again." he said with a stupidly large grin on his face. my eyes widened at his words. i was actually saying it out loud?

this is so embarrasing

"just pretend i didn't say anything." i looked down on my lap.

responded with "sure" but chuckled.

i just tried to keep quiet the whole ride out of embarrassment, but he kept the conversation going so i just eventually gave in.

i didn't think this day would come, dating phil. i've always liked him but i never expected him to return the feelings. and i though it would always just be a hopeless crush because fuck, he's beautiful, but it's kind of starting to grow into something more.