i nodded, "yeah with another girl".

her content face formed into a stern frown as she looked away from me.

"i'm kidding" i laughed. "but i have snuck into a place before and we were all out with no trouble".

siena huffed and opened her door, "okay, fine. i trust you".

once the car was locked, we hurried towards the backdoor and i looked up, noticing that there was an alarm keeping it secure.

"we have to be quick through these doors" i mentioned. "as soon as we open it, the alarm will go off in five seconds".

"should i worried that you're such an expert at this?" siena raised her eyebrow.

i chuckled and lightly pushed on her lower back, "come on".

once we got inside, we walked down several corridors and managed to find the main area of the aquarium. the room was dark and the only light that we used was the blue LED ones that were reflecting from inside the tanks.

 the room was dark and the only light that we used was the blue LED ones that were reflecting from inside the tanks

"wow" siena said with a huge smile of awe on her face.

her hands were held against the glass tank as she watched the many fish swim around the water.

"not bad, huh?" i nudged her. to be honest, i was ashamed to say i was pretty proud that i successfully got us in here.

"not bad? it's amazing" she corrected me.

i stared ahead at the same huge tank, "i can't believe that your parents never took you to one as a child".

"well, you know my parents" siena sighed. "they're not like other parents".

i watched her excited expression fade a little, so i moved from where i was standing beside her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind.

"you're right. they're not like other parents" i spoke, resting my chin on her shoulder. "other parents didn't create an incredible girl like you".

siena giggled at my compliment as i kissed her cheek and we continued staring at the various fish that swam back and forth.

"thank you for this" she told, then turned around to face me.

"am i the best boyfriend or what?".

siena teasingly hesitated, "i've had better boyfriends".

i scoffed at her obvious lie, rolling my eyes and eventually descended my face down to hers.

"kyle has got nothing on me" i whispered and she hummed with her hand on my cheek before attaching her lips to mine.

i held onto siena's waist and pulled her closer to me, feeling every inch of her soft lips. we were pushed back against the glass as her hands tangled into my hair, until a bright flash light grabbed my attention.

i pulled away from her and whipped my head around at the shining light.

"hey, who's there?!" an unknown voice yelled from around the corner. "the aquarium is closed".

siena and i exchanged looks and without giving us time to react, a security guard appeared down the hall and pointed straight at us.

"shit" i said, grabbing onto siena's hand.

"you two! stop right there!" the guard exclaimed.

i pulled siena along with me as we started running for our lives down the corridors, past the water tanks and eventually reached the no access area in the back.

we could hear the security guard's hurried footsteps close behind us. i wasn't taking any chances of him catching siena, so i made sure that she was running in front of me whilst we tried out best to lose him.

"is he behind us? jack, what do we do? where do we go?" siena questioned me as we began rushing up a few flight of stairs.

"just keep running" i replied, looking back at the guard coming up the same steps as us.

"you're only making things worse by running! stop!" he yelled at us.

from the staircase landing, i saw a wet floor sign up ahead that i picked up and threw as an obstacle behind me.

i didn't look back to check if i slowed down the guard or not and carried on running. but instead of hearing mine and siena's heaving breathing, i heard a loud, manly scream and multiple thuds followed after.

"jack, wait!" siena did a double take behind her.

she stopped suddenly, causing me to do the same and we retraced our steps just enough to look down at the bottom of the stairs.

my heart fell into my stomach as i saw the security guard lying completely still in a growing pool of blood beneath his head.

"oh my god" siena gasped before rushing down the stairs to his side. she crouched down and pushed her falling hair out of her face. "sir! sir, can you hear—".

she started reaching out to him, but i instantly pulled her hands back.

"no, siena! don't touch him" i said in fear of fingerprints being left here. "hey sir, can you hear us?".

using the sleeve of my hoodie, i cautiously touched at the guard's pulse on the top of his neck. i could hardly breath when i couldn't feel any movement bouncing off my finger, but i didn't want to panic in front of siena.

"is he dead?" she questioned me.

she copied my actions of using her sleeve to touch the stranger's pulse. once she realized, she slowly stood up in shock and shook her head in disbelief.

-

this book is getting intense i love it

{vote, comment and share}