Anthony looked up with raised eyebrows.

"Well... that made zero sense."

"It made perfect sense," Flora chuckled and crossed her arms. "Has nobody read the Enchiridion? It was supposedly written by the Gods?"

Everyone shook their heads apart from Margo.

"You used to read that to me when I was little. I never understood it but the way it was written sounds similar to the last paragraph."

"What does Ench... En-chiri-"

"The Enchiridion?" Flora interrupted Hunter, making him nod. "It means something that contains crucial information for maybe a particular subject."

"And the subject of the book is Gods?" Scott asked.

"Yes. But of course, most wolves didn't believe that it was created by the hands of the Gods unless they were faithful believers like myself and my daughter."

"So what does the paragraph mean then?" Hunter asked.

Anthony gave it to her and watched her soulful eyes examine the words.

"Obviously it means that on the last minute of the last day of the lunar cycle which is today, Jacota's soul will unite with the other Gods and you will somehow understand everything. I'm not sure if that means your past, present or who you are. But then Hunter's role will be to receive these tasks you have to perform because you are not the God of lightning for no reason. However, I'm not sure what this victory is, maybe a storm too big for you to handle is coming Jacota, or maybe something worse."

"Something worse?" William questioned.

"I'm not sure," Flora shrugged and crossed her frail legs. "Let's worry about that when the time comes."

Throughout her words, Jacob started frowning with only one question on his mind.

"Why does it say immortal beings?"

"I thought that would be obvious my dear," Flora chuckled. "You can't be a god and live a human timeline."

Hunter's eyes glazed over with surprise. He stared at his grandmother and the hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

"He's... He's immortal?"

"Not just him, you're his mate and his guardian. He can't live without you."

"I'm going to live forever?"

"Not forever, just a very, very, very long time. I thought that would be the most obvious part to all of this."

"And I thought that's what Immortal meant. But obvious? Are you kidding?" Hunter turned to Jacob who simply shrugged.

"I guess, it is obvious," He whispered.

Hunter shook his head.

"I'm gonna let that sink in later." He didn't even want to think about outliving his family.

"Oh, dammit, I can't be late!" Anthony suddenly stood up with a sense of urgency. "Boys, come with me, the city meeting starts in half an hour."

The event had misplaced in everyone's minds but they all wanted to come and support Jacob. He needed friendly and familiar faces in the crowd and he needed back up if the news didn't sit well with the werewolf society.

* * * * *

"You'll be fine," Anthony soothed and placed a gentle hand on Jacob's shoulder. He looked stressed as the big hall was filling up. Anthony had made sure that every wolf in the city turned up today. He told them that he was going to share some incredible news.