[6] Adoption Office

Start from the beginning

We both get up from the bed, and stretch while standing up.

Kennedy walks over to the bathroom, while I start to head downstairs.

"Hey Ken, do you want some coffee?" I holler at her.

"Yes, please!" she hollers back.

Kennedy Fain

I walk into the bathroom, turning on the light and examining my appearance in the mirror.

I look at my greasy hair, then give myself a grossed out look.

I walk back out of the bathroom, and to my walk in closet, picking out an outfit for the day.

As soon s I walk out of my closet, closing the door behind me, Nate comes back upstairs with two black coffee mugs in his hands, steam rising from inside them.

I grab one from him with my free hand, then gave him a kiss on the cheek, showing him thankfulness.

I walk over to my nightstand, and place my coffee mug onto the coaster. Nate walks over to his side of the bed, then lays down with his coffee, relaxing.

I give him a stern look.

He looks up to me, confused.

"What is it, Ken?"

"It's a big day and you need to get ready!" I said while chuckling.

Nate rolled his eyes and got up from his position, placing his mug on the nightstand.

I turn around and resume to what I was doing before, heading to the shower.

I close the door behind me, and placing my clothes on the counter and then taking another glance at myself.

All I did this time, was smile.

I smiled, at the fact I have came this far in life. I smiled, because I am such a beautiful person and I finally accept this. Conceited? No, just self influence.

I remove all of my clothes and walk over to the glass shower door, pushing it out of the way slowly then turning on warm water.

I turn back around and look at myself in the full body mirror, examining my butterfly tattoo.

Sometimes I wonder why I even got the tattoo in the first place, but other times I remember that it has a significant reason behind it.

Noticing the mirror filling up with fog, I turn and go to the shower, stepping inside it.

****

Nate drives the car towards the adoption office while I sit in the passenger side, watching everything we pass by, but nervous as can be.

I look over to Nate as he drives, seeing the details on him that can also clarify that he is nervous too, about this situation.

He wears a smile on his face, but I can see right through it.

"Are you excited?" I ask him, and he smiles even bigger at my question.

"Oh yes babe. I'm more than excited."

He placed his right hand on my thigh, I couldn't help but feel the warmness of his hand.

We pull into the parking lot of the adoption center, not one soul is around to be seen. We are on the other side of town, the side I usually don't visit.

My parents liked to call this part of town the "shady town", because not many white people live on this sight, and a lot of fights break out on this side. It's like they are civilized at all to begin with.