[ nineteen ] jackass knows

Start from the beginning

After all, if a girl had kissed Stiles and then Stiles sent Harper a picture of the girl on his bed the next day then she wouldn't be happy either, no matter how close they were. Harper put her phone down and pulled her laptop onto her stomach, laying down beside the werewolf.

"What were you watching?" Scott asked as she stroked the chubby cat's face.

It purred loudly at Harper replied, "Gossip Girl. But I'm only on the third episode and it's really slow. Wanna watch something else?"

Scott nodded. "How about Stranger Things? I never got past the second episode."

"Sure."

...

Harper squeezed her eyes shut as Scott picked up the speed on the car, going much too fast for her liking. Stiles, who was sat in the passenger seat, disagreed. He kept ordering Scott to go quicker as Kate Argent chased after them in her own car.

In case you don't know, Kate Argent is the auntie of Allison Argent and the sister of Chris Argent, which means she is a werewolf hunter, and from they way she was driving after the three teenagers, a pretty passionate one, too.

The hunter thought that they were Derek, since they were driving his car. They were trying to get her off of his lead, since it turns out he is actually alive.

"Faster?" Scott called over the noise of tyres screeching as he turned a sharp corner, Kate close on his trail.

Stiles looked behind him, seeing how close Kate was. "Much faster." He instructed.

Scott hesitated for a second before slamming his foot down, the engine revving loudly as he sped down the deserted road. Harper clenched her jumper in her hands, feeling herself become more uneasy as she turned around.

She had a weird feeling, and she had no clue what it meant.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're really grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles muttered, his head turning every few seconds to look behind.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott raised his voice, frustrated. He didn't keep his eyes off of the road.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles yelled, also becoming frustrated with Scott.

"She knows!" Harper suddenly realised. "She knows that we're not Derek!"

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed together. "How do you-" Seconds later Kate began to drive away, leaving both boys dumbfounded. "How did you know that?!"

"I don't- I don't know." Harper muttered, also confused.

Stiles reached down for the walkie talkie in his lap and pressed a button. An officer on the other side began talking.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

...

The car skidded to a halt when Stiles spotted Derek crouched down behind some boxes and pieces of scrap metal. Chris Argent was stood up on a high platform with a gun in his hands.

"Get in!" Stiles yelled before quickly climbing over the seats and into the back beside Harper.

Bullets began to fire rapidly, Harper's heartbeat picking up with every single one as Derek ran to the car, quickly jumping into the seat that Stiles had previously been in. Harper wasn't good with guns. Not after what had happened to her parents.

The tires screeched as Scott drove away, bullets bouncing off of the car as Argent tried to get the wanted werewolf.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott yelled, taking his eyes off of the road for a second to glance at Derek.