Chapter 35: A chance

I accidentally published this chapter when it wasn't finished yet. That's why it couldn't load. Sorry about that.

⚠️ mature content (smut) ahead. If you don't like reading those kind of stuff, please don't read it and please don't judge the author either. I had already warned you in the description about the mature content.⚠️

A gift chapter for those who always asked me to update. Here's an early update, hope you enjoy it.

Maxwell P.O.V

Some parts of me wanted to stay with her and cuddle her to sleep where other parts of me didn't allow to do so because of how I treated her since the day I laid my eyes on her. She deserved much more and yet I ended up hurting her even more. This marriage is an actual lie. I threatened her to be with me, to marry me without leaving her any choice.

I made her suffer because for the first in my life somebody actually had the courage to tell me what I was doing was wrong. I acted like a douche towards her and yet she always cared for me and for my family.

When she confessed to me that she was a virgin, I was caught off guard. It was a good thing she had saved herself but for me it actually wasn't such a big deal because I would still desire to have her even though she slept with I don't know how much guys. But at the same time, the thought of her sleeping with other men infuriated me. I ran my hand into my hair out of frustration and confusion.

I didn't know what I wanted these days. I thought marrying her would solve the problem but yet here I am, still confused. When I saw her injured, I lost a piece of me. It truly shattered my heat to see her wounded.

It made me realise to stop being such a horrible human being and to stop treating her like the way I always have done. This needed to be stopped and the only way things could get better between us, was for me to stop what I was doing and finally give her a chance to enter my world and crash down my walls which I had built during these years.

I wanted to feel, to be appreciated and to be loved by someone and I exactly knew who would provide these things for me. That was the promise I made to myself when I saw her sleeping in my bed, peacefully. My heart melted by the sight of her in my bed, where she actually belonged.

After she was fed and felt asleep, I exit the too and went to my study room to get some stuff done for the company since I missed out a lot because of our wedding. I read some files and finalised some deals with other companies that could benefit us. I also signed some important documents and checked my email. I basically stayed up the whole night to get all the work done.

Once I was finished, the sun was up so I went to check up on Savannah. I went on the way to her room to the kitchen to prepare her a healthy breakfast because she still was weak because of the fall. I made her sunny side up with some beacon and a cup of coffee. That was the only thing I could made myself. Mostly Maria prepared me meals whenever I was at home but I gave her some days off. She didn't need to interrupt our privacy. Well at least that was my thoughts. I also didn't wish anyone to suspect how our marriage was partially fake.

Once the breakfast was ready, I went to my room where Savannah had spent the night and opened the door slowly, trying my best not to make any sound. Once the door was opened, I saw her sleeping form on my bed, she looked exhausted yet so sexy in my bed. I wish I could ravish her at the moment and the thought made me hard. Damn! I needed a cold shower after this. I shook my head and slowly made my way to her. She suddenly jolted awake as I kissed her cheek. She was confused at first but when she saw me, she tensed a little. I smiled at her and set the tray on the night table next to bed.