Chapter 31: Friends

Thanks a lot @785dolly for all the votes 💋

Savannah's P.O.V

Surprised would be an understatement when I saw Maxwell's behaviour towards my parents. I was scared shitless when I blabbered about our lovey dovey relationship but luckily he played along. My parents informed me the day before they arrived and I didn't want Maxwell to know about it. I thought he would do something to prevent them from coming but I honestly wanted to see them so badly. I needed a little bit of happiness and some affection which I lacked these days.

Apparently Maxwell had decided to ignore my existence and act like we were two stranger when we happen to be in the same room... not talking about the bedroom if you were wondering. Little he knew that I had caught him stealing glances at me while I was looking away. He thought I might be clueless but he was definitely wrong.

At first when he saw my parents, I legitimately thought he was going to kick them out and strangle me to death for not informing him, but he was pretty cool and calm which made frown. There are two chances what would've happened next:

1. He would act all nice and like a dream son in law and confront once they leave.

2. He would his act and embarrass in front my family.

If I was able to chose, I would go for the first one because I really didn't want to see them suffer more than they already had because of our house, being taken by the one and only, mister Maxwell fûcking Kastein. My eyes bulged out once I realised what would happen if my parents would come to know.

No shitting way.

The wedding was almost in the corner and the more closer it came, the more I got scared. Signing my life of to someone like Maxwell didn't seem the right thing to me and it had gotten difficult when he decided to ignore me.

Once my parents were outside of the house because they decided not to stay with us. In their opinion it out time "to know each other better" and didn't want to disturb us. I was actually worried because I had no clue where they would be going but Maxwell insisted them to stay with us. Since my parents are were as stubborn as me, they decided to refuse his offer.

"Well if you guys don't want to stay with us, I highly request you to stay in one of my friend's hotels during your stay," that's what he said in a calm and collective voice. My parents looked at each other worried. I understood because Maxwell's friend Blake owned a couple chains of hotels now and oh my god those hotels were quite expensive. With the price of one night stay, you can buy food for a year.

I guessed Maxwell caught er the tension between and reassure them that it was completely free since they were one of his family, they wouldn't be paying. That warmed my heart and for the first time I had respect for Maxwell. I seriously wanted to thank him for his behaviour today. It might be an act but it didn't matter to me because my parents were happy and that made me happy.

The moment they left, Maxwell tried to escape me but I was fast enough to grab his wrist. He swivelled around and looked at me, confused. I smiled at him and he gave me a surprised look.

What? Hadn't he seen me smiling?

For the first time I had something for him which I thought he would never deserve... respect. "Thank you," I said out of satisfaction. He looked taken aback by my words which amused me quite a bit. Before he could open his mouth, I continued: "Even though this is all acting and I have a feeling you faked the most of it, but I am still happy to that my parents were happy," I looked down at my feet, trying to avoid his gaze.

Mistake! I needed to shut up!

He yanked his hand away from me as  his eyes pierced my soul. For a second I thought he might left but he did the thing, I didn't expect him to do. He grabbed my wrist instead and brought me closer to him. His eyes narrowed and he held my wrist roughly until they became almost sore. I attempted to free my hand but he released after a minute or something as he let out a long whoosh, trying to calm himself down.

"Look, I am trying," he answered shortly, feeling as if a weight is lifted off him. He struggled for a while with his own thoughts but recovered quickly and masked his expressions before I even had the chance to say something else. For a moment we just glanced at each other waiting for the one who would look first away but it seemed like he wasn't looking away very soon. He opened his mouth to say something but it seemed like he was about to confess something he didn't want.

"We're together in this and I want us to cooperate together to make this work," he said flatly, trying to sound uninterested. I just gave him a quick nod in response, understanding what he really meant.

"You're right, these last days had been very awkward to be honest. We don't talk or even look at each other. At least we can try to be friends?  " I replied almost whispering the last part. His eyebrows knitted together as he was confused by my response and also angry a bit. He exhaled and rolled his eyes. "Fine, if that's what you want! But don't think just because we're friends, that you aren't mine," he spoke sternly. For a while I thought he was ordering me around.

"You still are mine and trust me when I say this, if I ever see a man holding your hand, I'll break his hand. If I ever catch a man staring at you with lust, I'll pop his eyes out its sockets. If ever see a man kissing you, I would cut his tongue out and feed it to him," he spoke dangerously. At the end he was panting really hard, giving me the hint that he meant every little word he just said.

"For a moment I supposed you changed but you're still as possessive as ever. I am not an object that you can own! How many times do I have to repeat myself?" I spoke quite pissed by his comments.

"Besides don't fucking to threaten me! You might have an amount of power over me because of your wealth but that doesn't make me obey to every bullshit you order. You're my husband, not my freaking boss!" I was about to slap the shit out him but I needed to calm myself down.

He really looked taken aback by my confession as always but it seemed like it didn't matter to him. He always listened to stuff that were on his benefits and the rest he just ignored it while he could. "I am just warning you before you do something stupid you and the other person," he shrugged quietly like it didn't matter to him.

"We're about to get married in two days and I want clear some stuff," he said casually. "Even though this marriage is not based on love or some other bullshit, I still want you though and I would be very pissed to be betrayed by you, I will stay loyal and I expect that from you too," he exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I won't betray you but the same goes to you. If I catch you with someone else, I am out!" I replied back. He catch me off guard when he entered my room without my permission and took my clothes and placed them in my bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked flabbergasted. His lips curved upwards as he seemed to enjoy this moment. "Kicking you out," he answered back.

"What the fuck?"