16; atrocious

"Take care, love you." he pecked your lips then your forehead and made his leave. Every few seconds he turned his head and threw a goofy smile when he saw you were watching him. He was just so madly in love with you.

Needless to say, while walking home he often caught himself humming and skipping.

"I'm home~" he called in a sing sang voice as he pulled off his shoes and put them neatly in the small shelf to his right.

"Did something good happen? You seem in a good mood?" the head of his mother peeked out of the living room. "You're pretty late today too, you're not practising that long, are you? I don't want to repeat the words of the doctor over and over again!"

"No I was not practising, I was with-"

"OOOHHHHH another girlfriend? You've had quite the collection the past years, I hope this time it's a good catch." and now she already pulled him into the room, making him sit next to her on the sofa while eagerly waiting for him to speak.

Feeling a little mocked at basically being called a womanizer by his mother, he leaned back trying to relax a little despite the rough interrogating that's going to follow. "I don't even get why you have such high standards for my girlfriend."

"Oh Tõru, I too will have to spend the rest of my life seeing her, not as much as you but long enough to care. Also I thought you'd want to marry the little princess, I'm just accordingly picky. And now spill."

He crossed his arms, only a little embarrassed, eyes darting around the room. "I was with her..."

Oikawa's mom froze for a few seconds before a happy scream escaped her lips. "Invite her for dinner, you hear? I'll invite your sister too. I can't believe she came back and you didn't tell me!-..." she had stood up from the couch to search for her phone but stopped midway to hug her son. "I'm so happy for you Tõru."

"Mom, you're overreacting..."

"Oh please, as if you don't feel any excitement. Your father saw you on your way here."

---

Miura had just arrived and brought along a bag full with a wide variety of snacks, very much to the dismay of Akuzawa.
"Wait, shouldn't we eat a proper dinner first? Eating sweets for dinner is no good."

"It's fine if it's just for today."
"Three regular meals a day!" Miura and you sprawled the contents across the floor, each grabbing something to eat.

Then the small puppy sat in front of you, wagging its tail. "Hehe so cute, such a cute puppy." you patted his head and shortly after the dog threw himself on his back and you stroked his stomach.

"His name is Ruto. He's cute, right? My parents didn't like him though so I just left. Not like they care, didn't try to get me back, not even calling to check if I'm still alive..." the air around her changed drastically.

"Ruto? ... mmh what a coincidence, if you swap the characters it's Toru..." you said sarcastically to change the topic and the dog made a soft woof.

The expression on Akuzawa's face went blank while the color turned bright red.

"It's okay. I guess I can't change that Tõru is popular, it's not like you can just decide who you love too. As long as you keep your hands off of the original that is..."

The dog wiggled itself back on his feet and crawled onto the knees of his owner. She went through his fur and a soft smile crept on her face though she couldn't hold back a few tears. Miura stroked her back, trying to comfort her a little while you reached out tissues.

---

"Now, since Akuzawa has calmed down and we're already at it- Miura, talk. I still don't know why you and Iwa-chan had to break up. He had only once said something about your parents but didn't go into detail."

While looking at her terrified expression you realised that it was still a sensitive topic and you wondered if you shouldn't have asked but the girl started talking nevertheless.

"My parents didn't approve of Hajime-kun."

"I figured it would be something like that but if you talk to them and explain you're feelings won't they understand that those are more important and try to give Iwa-chan a chance?"

"No... they already got me engaged with someone else."