Shell cycle rides and soul places

„A-are you sure I...?", I asked him but he just interrupted my shy question, chuckling
„'Course I am. I'm not sayin' things I don't mean", he stated
„Oh really?", I asked amused, crossing my arms. I felt relaxed again as usual, though my anxiety towards this situation hadn't past
„Well, except when I'm bein' sarcastic of course...But seriously, I don't say shit out of fun. I take ya serious", that made me blush and I got shy once more. I didn't admit it, but I found it exciting that Raph asked me out for a round on his new shell cycle. After his other one had broken down, Donnie improved a lot of things on the new one, especially how it laid itself in the curves and its speed and Raph just asked me out to try it with him together. Kinda felt like a d...no that's stupid. He would never...and I would never...or?

Are those butterflies in my stomach when I see him just an illusion? Those trembling moments when I talk to him and began to stutter, fake? I had to grasp it...I was actually in love with him. I actually had a crush on this hot headed asshole. That fairly admitted wasn't always a hotheaded asshole. I knew his little secret. All this anger was insecurity, his stubbornness trying to protect and overall; he was cute when he wanted to be, though he didn't really open up to me 'til now...I wish he would.

„(Y/N)! Would ya mind putting yer helmet on already!", he yelled, pulling me out of my daydream
„S-sorry, I-I-I...", but I didn't know what to say, so I just stuttered around while putting on my helmet.

Raph Pov:

Stupid, stupid, stupid. 'Why did ya yell at her?', I asked myself. 'This is suppose to be a secret f'n date and ye're bein' an asshole? Stupid hothead!', but what am I kidding? A creature as wonderful, sweet and kind as her couldn't like a hotheaded freak like me anyway. This was all pointless. Why did I try to make her like me anyway?

Maybe I'm just desperate to get attention from her? The only attention I usually get from her is yelling, 'cause I made her mad. But after a while, even though I found it funny in the beginning, I'm sick of it now.
She is such a personality, with a lot of talent and beautiful traits and I waste it on her yelling voice?
God, what am I even thinking? I fell for her big time.
But before I could think too much about it I drove off into the cold night.

New York was still as alive as at daytime, if not more alive, if that was possible. The lights in the distant dark were leading my way to a certain destination I headed to. I took a road with extra many curves and didn't hold back with the speed.
I heard her yell in excitement, throwing wildly her arms into the air. That's also a thing I love about her. Though she's normally more shy and laid back, she has a wild fire burning inside her, making her mad easily, but also making her drawn to the wild life. Living exciting things, and she just loved this ride. I smiled to myself, enjoying every second in which she laughed and yelled, giggled and sometimes intertwined her legs with mine to not fall of the vehicle, until it was over and we reached the destination...

„Please exit now, whatever side ya prefer", I said as I offered her a hand
„Thanks", she giggled, taking my hand as she was putting her delicate feet on the stony ground while looking around
„Wow Raph that's...wow...when did you find that place?", it was on the edge of the city near the Brooklyn bridge, but more hidden.
„Well, ya know, on my nightly run aways after a fight, I just stroll around, finding stuff. Maybe myself. No...myself. I find myself in places I never saw", I didn't believe that just came out of my mouth

Your (my) Pov again:

I can't believe that just came out of his mouth! That's beautiful

„That's wonderful", I then said and followed the black, shivering water with its hundreds of reflections the lights of the buildings threw on it with my flickering look.

„Yeah. I like to think when ye're at your soul place, ya'll find peace once more. So since I realized that, I always come here to set things right in my mind", I nodded, understanding.

„Do you think I have a soul place as well?", I ask him.

„Mh. Everyone has, though I don't know I do", I knitted my brows into a confused stare

„Didn't you just say THIS is your soul place?", he laughed in a sad tone

„Not quite yet...I think a soul place belongs to two persons...together", my heart seemed to stop as my face grew white in shook.

„D-d-d", I wanted to say something, but nothing came out. The source of my words was stuck. Just letters, confused letters that came through this mess created in my heart and head had the courage to hang plump out of my mouth, but not making any sense until I just cried out: „I LOVE YOU", or better said, it was a quick yell. Not very romantic, not belonging in this scene...but it came out. Scared of what would happen, I closed my eyes and waited for the worst. But I just felt a hand on my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes once more, looking into Raphs green-golden eyes

„So I found the right one for in this place to exist with. I love ya too. Actually, I wanted to say that first this evening, but as it seems did the yelling of yers found its way first.", I giggled, laying my hand on his as I approached to kiss him. It was exciting as it was my first kiss and I thought I'd screw this up.

But there we just set now, kissing each other passionately while the New York wind in the shallow night whispered our names, carving them into this moment, treasured in this place, our soul place.

Now I know why he called it soul place. It's the place where he wanted to declare his love, and maybe, just maybe he knew in his cocky heart that I'd say yes...and he was right. XD