MLAndersen0

MLAndersen0 (abbreviated ML) is the final Slender Man-based YouTube series/ARG in the five main ARG's, but like DarkHarvest00, is not largely responsible for shaping the mythos. The narrative is based around Michael Andersen's video logs cataloging his personal mental troubles and his ongoing conflict with his family and Slender Man, as well as Shaun Andersen's attempts to save himself and his brother. The series so far seems to go in the direction of "paying for ones sins" and the idea that Slender Man is a vengeful entity attempting to punish the Andersens. It is hard to know who the protagonists and antagonists are, and must be decided by the audience based on perceptions and ideas. To date there are 35 entries, 10 of which are labeled Video Journals.

Origins and History

MLAndersen0's title comes from two things - the name of the protagonist, and is also an anagram and when rearranged it becomes "sLenderMAn0".

The first video, "Video Journal #1", introduces Michael, the main character from Denver, Colorado, who was just released from a 16-year stint in a mental hospital the day previous. The videos following involve his seeing Slender Man, hearing strange sounds, and having strange dreams involving a grandfather clock.

Michael believes he is being stalked and followed. In one dream, he sees the word 'Virus', which he scribbles down in his dream journal, and on his bed he finds a dream catcher and a red tie.

His brother Shaun and friend Eric tape and upload to Michael's channel a video of them discussing how they believe Michael is lying, playing a game with people and manipulating them. They claim that they don't see Slender Man in Michael's videos. Michael's insistence that he's there combined with the apparent backstab by his brother creates a conflict between the characters.

According to Michael, he and Shaun have been stalked by Slender Man since they were children.

Shaun left town after Michael drugged, interrogated, and beat him. Michael was crushed by this, posting multiple videos in which he begged his brother to come home.

During Shaun's absence, Michael began to attempt to convince Eric that his situation was real, taking him to an alley where Slenderman showed up, seemingly putting Eric into a trance. A few weeks after the incident at the Alley, Eric came to Shaun's house, where he explained that he had been "warned" about getting anywhere near Michael. During the conversation, there is a disturbance and Slenderman shows up. Eric is seemingly injured while Michael was found to be in some sort of trance.

The video "Homecoming.2" was posted to much confusion. It showed Michael handing the camera off to an new character, "Dave," and hopping into a car, where Shaun was screaming in agony in the back seat. While taking Shaun back to Michael's house, Michael apparently passes out at the wheel. The camera cuts to Michael waking up as Slenderman looms outside of the car window.

In "Homecoming," it is revealed that Michael was tipped off about where Shaun was staying and went to approach him, in hopes of convincing his brother to come home and help he and Eric "fight back" against their tormentor. Shaun eventually agrees to return home under the stipulation that if anything else goes wrong, he will leave again. It is after this video that Shaun is shown screaming in "Homecoming.2"

In "Sleepwalking", the video shows Michael walking into the kitchen in the middle of the night and retrieving a knife from the kitchen. He approaches the sleeping Shaun and eerily says his name while making stabbing gestures with a kitchen knife. After a few moments, he loses his nerve and falls to the ground, dropping the knife and weeping while stating that "He can't do it" suggesting that he is being willed to kill his brother.

In his ninth video journal, Micheal gives a few statements about his feelings of being betrayed by his brother, who had him sent back the to hospital for a period of three days, hoping to suspend the events. Unfortunately, this is revealed to be futile in the video "Going Away Present." Micheal reveals that he has a split personality after having tied Shaun up with ropes and keeping him in the basement. This other personality named Patrick takes turns threatening Shaun or convincing him that he is doing Micheal a favor. In "Curtains Up" Micheal continues to vaguely repeat that he is trying to see the events to a happy ending, and requires Shaun's help, who adamantly believes Patrick is a villain.