The Marble Hornets timeline part 1

This article is a chronological list of the events that occur in the "Marble Hornets" universe. The list is split into several sections according to when the events occurred, rather than the order of entries as published. It is not recommended to use this as a guide for one's first viewing of the series, as it contains major spoilers. If the ToTheArk videos are of no interest to you, you can simply watch the Entries in numerical order.

Entry names in bold

Twitter entries are indicated by the timestamp of the tweet, with the text written in italic. All tweets are from the @marblehornets Twitter account unless otherwise specified.

(Times and dates are respective to the Central Time Zone (UTC-6 for Central Standard Time and UTC-5 for Central Daylight Time1), used in the state of Alabama where the events are presumed to take place.2)

Prior to Season 1

Thursday, April 4, 1991:

entry #37: Alex Kralie's birthday party.3

Wednesday, December 20, 1995:

◾Tim is admitted to the mental hospital after running away from home.4

Before summer, 2006:

Entry #84: Brian and Tim audition for Marble Hornets.

Summer, 2006:

◾Alex's student film, Marble Hornets, undergoes production. Alex stops filming after only a couple months, citing "unworkable conditions." The order of the entries below is speculative. 

    ◾Entry #5: Alex and Jay go location scouting for Marble Hornets at a nearby park, filming their conversations at a gazebo and near a red tower structure.

    ◾Entry #12: While filming a scene in the park, Alex, Brian, and a female cast or crew member see the Operator in the distance, believing it to be a very tall person.

    ◾Entry #20: At Brian's house, Jay and Alex film behind-the-scenes footage. Tim arrives for a script-reading, coughing heavily and taking unidentified pills. Jay later claims not to remember this event.

    ◾Entry #17: Jay, Alex, and Tim do a run-through of a scene at Brian's house, while the Operator stands directly outside the window. Jay complains that the room is very cold, although Alex doesn't seem to notice. Again, Jay claims not to remember these events taking place.

    ◾Entry #54: Alex, Tim, and Brian meet at Tim's house to plan the soundtrack for Marble Hornets. After a power outage, the Operator enters the room, just before the tape cuts out.

    ◾Entry #55: Alex, Tim, and Brian discuss an abandoned doctor's office that could potentially be used as a filming location.

    ◾Entry #2: Late at night, Alex drives along an isolated road, looking for the tall figure that scared off his dog Rocky during a walk.

   ◾Entry #70:(possibly same night): Alex drives to an abandoned playground while talking to Amy on the phone and encounters the Operator.

   ◾Entry #4:(possibly same night): Alex encounters the Operator once again in the abandoned playground.

   ◾Entry #13: Jay and Alex go location scouting at a large abandoned building. While Jay returns to the car to get more tapes, Alex heads to the building alone and encounters the Operator again. ◾Exit: Somebody in the distance films Jay retrieving the tapes from Alex's car.

   ◾Entry #3: Alex begins constantly filming himself at all times.

   ◾Entry #7: Alex, Brian, and a female cast/crew member film a scene in a car. Alex is startled to see the Operator in the distance outside, causing him to abruptly cut the filming short.

   ◾Entry #9: Alex films a scene between Tim and Sarah at the gazebo, exhibiting extreme irritation and paranoia.

   ◾Entry #8: Alex furiously draws cryptic messages and pictures in his house, before getting up and switching off the light.

   ◾Entry #1 (possibly the same night): From inside the house, Alex films the Operator standing on his front porch.

   ◾Entry #6 (possibly the same night): More footage of the Operator outside the house, circling past the windows.

   ◾Entry #10: Alex runs through the woods at night, pursued by the Operator.

   ◾Entry #11: One night, Alex awakens and goes downstairs to check outside the windows before returning to bed, unaware that the Operator is close by.

   ◾Entry #14: The Operator enters Alex's room at night. Half an hour later, Alex sits in front of the camera with a bloody wound on his forehead, then changes the tape.

   ◾Entry #56: Alex and Tim head to the abandoned doctor's office and film. Alex attacks Tim.

  ◾Entry #57: Tim runs through the abandoned building at night, hiding from Alex.

  ◾Entry #51 (56-42): Alex and Brian film scenes at the burned-out building, where Brian is attacked by the Operator. After coming to, Brian searches for Alex, finding Tim coughing in one of the rooms.

  ◾Entry #22: Alex explores an unidentified, run-down building with Seth. Seth is attacked, and Alex wakes up at his home later with the camera. Alex films a "confession," claiming that everyone else who worked on the film is "gone," and resolving to burn the tapes and move away.

  ◾Entry #71: At Jay's insistence, Alex gives the tapes to Jay after making him promise to burn them and never mention the project to Alex again. Alex then falls out of contact with Jay and the rest of the crew for many years. However, the video footage of this encounter differs from Jay's own recollection.