Broken Trust

SILAS POV

I watched a movie one time about this boy who lived in an orphanage. He ended up traveling through time and meeting his future family and all that wonderful crap that comes from a kid's movie. The motto of the movie was Keep Moving Forward. The thing is I saw this movie while hooked up to monitors and wires and electrodes. I had just turned five.

I wasn't hooked up because I was sick or anything. No... nothing like that. I was hooked up like that because my father sold me. Yeah...kinda hard to see a way to keep moving forward right? It sucked. But hey not everything is sunshine and roses. When you learn early on to keep realistic standards, you never get let down...You also don't learn to dream of a better life.

My father wasn't always a monster. Before my mom died of cancer I rarely ever saw him except at the occasional dinner he managed to make it home for. He worked all the time and even when she got sick...well it fell to me to take care of her more often than not. When she died...things took a turn past horrible for the corner of despair and hatred.

One of the last things he ever said to me was: "Worthless pile of scraps! You can't even keep your own mother alive! What kind of mutant are you!?" He had just dropped me off and collected his money. That's the last I saw of him. I could've searched for him after Asher found me but truth is I've never wanted to see him again. Some lines once crossed you can't go back. I don't hate him anymore, I have no feelings towards him now. I just would rather Keep Moving Forward. Yeap, ironic finally found the meaning.

I was seven before Fate and Asher found me. I still to this day find it hard to believe sometimes that this isn't a dream. I spent two and a half years hooked up to wires and locked in a cage. You would be surprised what a body can survive. I certainly learned a lot. In the beginning Asher had a partner that took me and tested my endurance. Needless to say when Asher found out...well it went a long way to earn my trust.

That's why after having seen a lot and experienced a lot of betrayal I never would have thought my new-found family would ever hurt me like right now.

I have no idea what has happened in the last 24 hours. The entire day has been a blur moving so fast and out of control. But what will haunt me for years to come is the sight of a little girl covered in blood cradled in the fetal position where the bed she was sleeping in used to sit.

I look quickly at the three faces around her and notice that only two hold the guilty expressions. Nora, well she's learned well to hide her emotions behind a fake expression, I didn't expect much from her. But Max and Aiden...they were looked to with respect. Why hide this unless they had something to do with it? Why would they hurt such an innocent little girl? Are they that afraid of going back to what we once had? I know it wasn't the life we want but to hurt Sylar...That's unforgivable. That makes me angry. But before I can take that first step that my anger is riding me to take. Kinsley's firm voice breaks the silence.

"What's going on?" Kinsley says suspiciously while holding the melting ice cream in her hands.

"We had to heal, Sylar." Nora stated coldly as if it was too obvious and the question was stupid.

"Yeah, we can see that, but why?" Hunter is ticked off. He takes a step past the younger kids, his arms full of napkins, cups, plates and soda. I follow right behind blocking them from the other side handing the popcorn bowl to Eli and the pizza box to Lila. I hope this distracts them. I really would hate for Lila and Eli to get nightmares of me beating up their older siblings.

Max steps forward. "She reacted badly when I pushed her from my dream. With her powers...it...magnified everything and it hurt her." The look on Max's face gutted me. I know now it was a pure accident. Sylar has melted the wall around the Iceman's Heart.

Avery pushed past me almost knocking me down. "What do you mean magnified? How could your dream hurt her? What does that mean!"

Aiden lays his hand on Max's shoulder and for the first time I see that our fearless leader is shaken. Whatever happened while we were gone shook Max. That's never happened before.

"He means that we cannot use our powers on her for anything. With her mental abilities...it's too soon to tell how it would affect her. After seeing this I think that anything that happens to Sylar in our dreams or anything of mental capacity will affect Sylar physically. "

What am I supposed to do with this information? It's not like my power could affect her, right? I look to the others and see the same fear reflected on their faces. Whenever one of us came there was always a trial period where we waited to see how our different abilities would react to one another. Now Max is saying that it's too dangerous! Most of us can't control our powers on a good day.

This is going to be adisaster.

Discovering Shadows (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें