Intruder

Sylar POV

I close my eyes tightly against the piercing light. But I can still hear their whispers as they try to quiet Max. The anger, shock, confusion and fear surround and overwhelm me like a blanket.

Silas "What's going on?"

Hunter "Why are you yelling?"

Aiden "Max?"

Max "Where is she?"

Kinsley "Who?"

Avery "Sylar is gone!"

Aiden "What happened?"

Silas "Where'd she go?"

Max "Hunter! Find her!"

I hear feet scrambling and racing around the room. Doors open and shut quietly then a few moments later open and close again. All of them are mumbling and whispering. Trying to piece the moments of the night together and failing. I just lay there quietly hidden under the bed. Wishing and praying on every star in the world that once again I become invisible. I'm better off alone. I wait patiently hoping they don't find me but knowing that Hunter could if he would calm down. Knowing that Aiden can hear me. I just cry my silent tears and plead for my head to stop hurting. My ears are roaring and my eyes burn, and my chest hurts. I don't know what's wrong this has never happened before. I can't block anything or anyone right now. This is more painful than any punishment I've had in the past.

It's so quiet I don't know what is happening until I hear Max again. The door opens one last time and when it closes Max starts demanding.

"Hunter. Find her. Where'd she go?" Max states through gritted teeth.

"Not until you tell me why you're angry. She's new. She doesn't know how to handle your anger and she won't understand it." Hunter says quietly.

"She was in my dream."

"She was in mine too." Hunter says. The others quickly state that I was in theirs too.

"Why does that make you angry, Max?" Kinsley asks quietly.

"She made me fall off a cliff! She has no business sneaking up on a person like that!!!" It's quite for two seconds before I hear a sniffle or maybe it's a snicker. The room erupts into laughter. Like what Max just said was a joke. But I know that he is serious. That he really is mad.

And I don't want to be here anymore.

I need Fate's closet back. It was safe there. There was no one there to hurt or scare, no one there to see...me.

"I honestly don't know where she's gone. I can't sense her." Hunter says trying to quit laughing and failing.

"You've scared her." Aiden whispers quieting the laughter, "She wants to leave." Immediately I hear gasps of No's and She cant's and one tiny voice states firmly We need her!

All I want to do is hide. Or die whichever will stop this pain.

They don't know it yet. But no one needs me. No one stays. There's no one to cause trouble if I'm gone.

I better off alone.