There's No Other Option

"-back to normal. Just let her sleep a bit more."

A voice wakes me up and my eyes flutter open. Light floods into my sight and I blink my eyes rapidly.

"Thank you." A quiet husky voice answers in reponse. I've definitely heard that voice before. A person leaves the room.

"You're awake?" The voice asks lightly.

"Yes... I think I feel a bit better now." I open my eyes wide and then they focus onto the person talking to me. "P- Prince Kai?"

"Your eyes... are they okay?" His hand moves and his fingers brush against my cheek. Then he pulls me into his chest and caresses me.

"Prince Kai, I'm fine. Please don't worry about me." I mutter into his chest.

"I'm sorry. I did this to you. It's my fault." His voice wavers a bit and I push him away. I face him and study his face. Tears are flowing slowly down and his icy blue eyes look faded.

"Kai, please don't cry." I place the palms of my hands onto his soft cheeks and wipe his tears with my thumbs. "It's not your fault. You shouldn't cry over something silly like this. I mean, a cold won't kill me or anything. Besides, people get colds all the time!"

"It's me. I hurt you." His shoulders shake slightly. Geez, why is he crying over something like this?

"Kai. I'm not going to die. I'm all better now, so stop." I pull him into a hug and he sobs quietly. "It's okay. Alright?"

"You don't... I did something else too." He sobs harder.

"Shush, it's okay."

"No, I- I accepted."

"Accepted what?" I pat his back.

"Her marraige." He speaks quietly.

"Melissa, was it? I understand. After all, I'm not worth marrying you." I keep on patting his back and at this point there's a huge spot of tears soaked into my nightgown.

"Kai, stop crying now. You're getting my nightgown wet." I grimace and he quickly stops hinself from crying and pulls himself away from me.

"Sorry. I just didn't want her to do anything to you." He sniffles.

"I understand. But it's okay. I can go out. You don't have to marry her." I say loudly.

"What?" He looks pretty confused.

"I'll move out of the castle. Then you won't have to marry her because then she can't do anything to me." I stare at him and he stares back, a bewildered look on his face.

"..."

"Isn't that the best for us?"