A Royal... Maid

I feel so tired of doing dishes and are so relieved when I scrub the last plate and hand it over to my best friend, who's helping me.

"Finally, it's the last one!" She sighs in relief and settles down on a fancy sofa all the way across the room.

"It's so hard working here. And I've been here ever since I was born! I'm so tired of this. Why can't I have a different job or something?! A normal one?" I plop down next to her after I wash my hands.

"You know we can't. Our families were purposely selected to work here at the palace because of their dedication and loyalty." She swiveled her head towards me. "Plus, this job is better than normal ones. I mean, think about it. Do you really want to work in a fast food restaurant and have grease all over you?"

"I guess not, but I still don't really like doing all this work." I stand up from the sofa and look down at her.

"Well, we'll be assigned to princes tomorrow, since we're old enough. I really hope I can be assigned to Prince Licht! He's so kind and handsome!" She swoons with her hand on her head.

"Yeah, me too! Although I definitely want to be assigned to Prince Bruno too. Or Leonhard! Oh, they're all so sweet!" I smile as I think about their kind and beautiful faces.

"But... remember, there's still a chance you'll get assigned to Prince Kai!" She puts on a fearful face and starts to shake.

"Let's cross our fingers for luck!" I immediately cross my fingers and wink at her.

"Yeah! But, we've gotta leave right now! We have to go do the laundry!" She stands up next to me and starts to run. Realizing how late we are, I race after her.