Closer... and Closer...

"Soft." He whispered as he looked down at my hand. Then he started rubbing it. Rubbing it. Why the hell was he rubbing it?!

"U- u- uhhh... soft???" I look very worried and he notices it.

"Sorry. You hands... soft." He lets go of my hand and looks down at the grass.

"N- no. If you like my hands, you can keep on rubbing them." The automatic response comes right out of my mouth.

"Really? Thank you." He gently grabs my hand again and starts to explain. "I like soft things." He reaches over to Shadow, grabs his paw, and sets it next to my hand. "Both soft." He smiles adorably and rubs both of them at the same time. Well... looks like I'm being compared to a dog now. But... now I know that Prince Kai's actually a very gentle and nice person. I smile brightly back and let him keep touching my hand. He's so cute... he even acts like a little child. A sudden urge to brush or ruffle his hair roars through my body. It's so powering that my other hand starts to move, but I quickly calm the feeling down and sigh with relief as it settles back down into the grass. Prince Kai seems to notice it and he looks at me.

"Is something... wrong?" He cocks his head and starts to loosen his grip on my hand.

"N- no, Prince Kai. I'm sorry. I just thought a very foolish thought." My cheeks fluster and they take a flush of light pink. He holds my hands and stops rubbing it. Then, he suddenly stands up, but ultimately fails and pulls me into his chest. Shock fills me and then I realize that my face is smooshed into Prince Kai's face. My cheeks take a full color of dark red. I immediately start to stand up, but I end up falling back down onto his chest again.

"Are you okay?" He manages to ask me.

"Yes, of course your highness. I'm sorry I just can't get up by myself." I try to stand up again but I end up falling back down.

"It's okay." He lifts me up gently and soon I'm sitting up on Prince Kai's legs. Very close.

"I'm so sorry!" I roll over to so that I'm on the grass instead of his legs.

"No worries. It was my fault." He looks down at the ground and then back up to me. "You're light."

"Oh- uh- t-thank you...?" I stutter, not knowing what to say. He doesn't say anything back and just stands up, brushing off his clothes where dirt had fallen. My hands move on their own and they start to help Prince Kai and brush his clothes. They also brush his hands.

"I need you to stop." He looks at me. Wait... what? He wants me to stop? O- Okay...

"Of course, Prince Kai. I'm sorry for causing you trouble." My hands jump off of his.

"No... I didn't mean the harsh way..... Just stop. Professor Heine is coming." He pointed to inside the castle and I whipped my head around to see.

"Oh!" I see a figure come out of the palace and realize that it's the child professor. "Is he really a child?"

"Haha... no. Many people mistake him for child but he's actually adult." He chuckles and I smile politely. He's an adult?!!! How can a grown man be that small?!!!!! and cute?!!!!!!!!! "You shouldn't say that in front of him. He's offended..." He smiles.

"Of course. Now... I will take my leave. I'm so sorry for disturbing you today, Prince Kai." I bow down and watch as he gives a slight nod.

"It was my fault. Don't apologize." He shrugs and I bow down again and start to leave.