Common Sense

So... it's been about a week since I've been assigned to Prince Kai, and things aren't getting better. At all. There even wasn't much to do. He wasn't the messy type, so there wasn't much laundry to take care of. All I had to do was change his bed sheets each day and clean them. Not that much of a hassle. So maybe I changed my mind about quitting. But Prince Kai was still a nightmare to face. His glaring definitely didn't stop and I was still afraid of him.

So far on the royal gossip: the new royal tutor is a child. I definitely didn't believe that at first, but after taking one look at him, I agreed to the rumors. Surprisingly, he's been very effective to the princes and improving their skills. Hopefully he's helping Prince Kai with communication skills.

"Here is the torte you requested for." I kept my head down as I gave Prince Kai a plate with a slice of torte on it. I started to turn away to leave his room, but I heard something. Like... a whisper.

"Th... Y..." Prince Kai's lips were moving!!! HOLY JESUS HE WAS TALKING!!!!!

"I'm sorry, I couldn't quite understand what you said." I leaned in closer to his mouth as he started to spe-... whisper again.

"Tha... Yo..." He wasn't any louder than he was before. But, I had enough common sense to know what he was telling me.

"That yogurt? Would you like me to bring you some yogurt? I'll bring it right along." I bowed and exited his room, fully satisfied that he didn't glare at me for once.