You laughed out loud. "Me? A broadway star? Ha! Never. But really, what is Hamilton even about?"

You immediately regretted asking that question. For the rest of your lunch was spent with the explanation of duels, revolution, rapping, and whatever 'lams' is.

Actually being intrigued by the uniqueness of the musical, you let B/F/N continue her explanation while you walked to the theater.

You were fascinated by her elucidation of the concept of Hamilton. And how the creator, Lin Manuel Miranda, managed to construct an almost three hour musical about a founding father, filled with rap to attract younger audiences.

Before you knew it, you arrived at the theater. Big golden doors holding the logo and silhouettes of the characters.

B/F/N pointed to each character, naming them. You nodded along with her words, memorizing the names Eliza, Angelica, Laurens, Burr, Hercules and Lafeet or something.

And then the doors open, letting the crowd of people in.

Your tickets were checked in and you both found your seats beside each other in the third row.

B/F/N squealed in her seat while you took in the interior of the theater. This is definitely good inspiration for a setting in another book. You needed some more ideas.

And finally, the lights went down and someone spoke on the announcement speaker that the show was beginning. A man stepped onto the huge stage.

"How does a bastard orphan son of a whore.."

After the Show

The actors bowed, hand in hand, both B/F/N and you stood up, amazed at the performance.

You didn't know much about broadway shows, but you knew none could or would compare to the one you just watched.

You watch the actors walk off stage, separating on each side from the middle.

B/F/N turned to you.

"Let's get backstage before everyone else, we can get autographs!" She exclaimed.

"They do that?" You ask, surprised they were kind enough to stay after the show to visit fans.

"Yup."

And so you followed B/F/N out of the theater, holding hands. You waited outside the back theater door along with many other fans.

You recognized Lin Manuel Miranda from his picture in your play bill as he stepped outside, met with a bunch of screaming supporters.

"What up Hamilton peeps!" He yells.

At this point B/F/N was hyperventilating at the sight of him.

"We have more people coming out including Phillipa Soo and Daveed Diggs, but they're still changing out of costume. For now, what do you want me to sign?!" He exclaimed.

Fans instantly held out posters, shirts, and play bills as Lin went around. He took his time with each person talking to them and signing their belongings.