THE NEXT DAY

When Harry woke up the next morning, he noticed Niall was already gone. His bed was empty, the curtains were pulled open and Harry couldn't hear any noises coming from the hallway. He covered his face with the palms of his hands for a few seconds, then turned around to have a look at his mobile. When he pushed the power button he was caught off guard. He had clearly overslept and he was almost four hours too late for vocal training. Why had nobody come to call him? Niall hadn't sent him a message. Maybe the coaches were too busy so they hadn't noticed that he was missing today? After Harry had stretched his arms he got up in bed, ruffled through his hair and looked out of the window. It was a nice morning. Harry got out of his bed and stumbled towards the bathroom, still tired. Just before he stepped into it, he noticed a little piece of paper that was stuck between the doorframe and the floor. Harry quickly picked up the note. He sat down on the floor, shook his head over and over again as he was reading the letters that were scribbled onto that crumpled yellow piece of paper.

'Hi Harry, I left early this morning because of Jamie, my vocal coach. She humiliated me in front of everybody by saying my voice was weak and squeaky. These were the nice things, I don't want to mention the others. I knew this moment would come and I've always felt that I don't belong here. I didn't want to disturb you because I left so early. When you're reading this, I'll probably be on my way home. Good luck for you, I know you can make it. Here's my number (07899-542-739) in case if you want to tell me how it feels to be recording professionally because I believe they'll pick you. I wish you all the best. Louis'