9 - Prank Gone Wild

Start from the beginning

My racing pulse calmed down as I stood on the edge of the balcony, a blanket of composure and serenity washing over me. However, my tranquility was short-lived as the words "Revenge time..." echoed in my ears before suddenly everything spun out of control. I teetered, desperately grasping for anything to steady myself, but it was futile as the force behind me pushed me down the iron railings. In that terrifying moment, I closed my eyes and prepared for the imminent impact with the unforgiving ground. However, instead of a bone-crushing collision, I plunged into an unexpected abyss of icy-cold water.

I really need a 'How to Breathe?' book right now because I literally forgot the instructions to function my lungs. I kicked my legs on the tiled floor as soon as they touched solid ground and sprang to the surface like a cork. I realized that I had been pushed from the third floor and somehow landed safely in the swimming pool. Great! But who did it? I looked above and found 'him' grinning. So, it was Mr. Perfect. I hate this guy. And how old is he? 12?

"I told you it was revenge time."

He yelled out from the balcony, and I silently cursed. I'll teach him a lesson for this, not later, but right now, at this very moment. Instantly, I crafted an entire script in my mind. This plan should do the trick. I concealed my smiling face with a forced frown and slowly made my way towards the pool steps. He kept a watchful eye on me, just as I had hoped. Approaching the rails, I tried to climb over but clumsily pretended as though something obstructed my legs. I kicked my foot, attempting to shake off the imaginary obstacle. Then, without warning, I plunged into the water with a resounding splash, like I were being yanked in, then frantically bounced up and down, struggling to break free from my nonexistent captor.

"ATARAH!!!"

Oh, I've got him. The thrill of victory pulsed through my veins as I heard him scream my name not once but twice, his frantic cries echoing through the night air. Then, in a split second, the sound of a splash pierced the silence, confirming that he had jumped in. A sense of triumph filled me as I resurfaced, gasping for air after what felt like an eternity underwater. His eyes, wide with terror, searched frantically for me, haunted by the fear of losing his prized pet. I can't help but marvel at the irony of it all. Is he seriously afraid of me being drowned? After all, he brought me here to torture me. I cleared my throat, smirking, and he turned immediately. The relief that washed over his face was quickly replaced by a seething fury, and I can't help but feel content with his frustration.

"I told you not to mess with..."

He didn't let me finish my sentence as he approached me, and with a harsh impact, he plunged his fist into the water, causing the wave to rock me. Shit! How strong was he? Before I could process what was happening, he swiftly pulled me towards his impeccably chiseled physique and held me tightly, as if his existence relied on it. I was too astonished to utter a word. The sensations within me were in a fervor, since I had never experienced anything quite like this. I felt... secure?

As I stayed locked in his embrace, it felt as though an invisible force was whispering in my ear, 'You belong here, with him,' in my head, urging me to stay. Every uneven breath that escaped his lips and the heaviness of his rising and falling chest reverberated through me, stirring up a whirlwind of desires. My heart seemed in tune with his, beating ferociously in my chest, mirroring the intensity of our connection. Time seemed to stand still, yet Ryan's grip on me only grew stronger, as if he, too, was drawn to the magnetism that enveloped us. What exactly is happening here?

"I thought I lost you again."

His words came out in a barely audible mumble, scantily reaching my ears amidst the chaos of the moment. He had finally given me some room to breathe, but confusion had already taken hold of me. Again? When did he lose me? And why did he refer to me as something to be lost, as if I were an item? I searched my memory, desperately trying to recall any connection to this stranger. But the more I thought, the more questions flooded my mind, overwhelming me in a whirlwind of uncertainty. Despite the clamor within me, my racing adrenaline rendered me speechless, unable to articulate the barrage of inquiries. His grip loosened ever so slightly, gradually releasing me, yet his presence lingered, both hands resting firmly on my shoulders.

"Never do that again. Do you get it? Never under any circumstances."

His words slipped out like a gentle plea, and a wave of emotions crashed over me, threatening to consume my every thought. His piercing gaze bore into my soul, revealing a train of feelings etched upon his face. Fear, anger, and grief danced like shadows in his eyes, but amidst the tempest, a flicker of something unexpected emerged: love. Wait, love? Perhaps my heart was playing tricks on me, I thought, desperately trying to rationalize this undeniably tender sentiment. Yet, as I met his unwavering stare, a flicker of longing ignited within me. I nodded at his expectant face, knowing that it was not the time to be stubborn or childish. The irresistible pull of his presence was undeniable, and, against all logic, I yearned to melt into his arms once more, finding solace in the shelter of his warmth.

Hesitantly, we made the difficult decision to part ways, but our hearts were heavy with unspoken reluctance. He wordlessly walked me back to my room, his eyes filled with an undeniable agony that mirrored my own. The ache of our goodbye lingered in the air, wrapping us in a bittersweet embrace as I closed the door, briefly etching his anguished expression in my memory.

Once I stepped foot inside, an overwhelming sense of emptiness washed over me, as if a vital part of me had been left behind. Engulfed by an uneasy restlessness, I couldn't bear the thought of leaving whatever was outside. My instincts took control as I swung the door open and bolted in the direction he had left. Thankfully, he was leisurely strolling at a pace similar to mortals. As I approached him, the perplexity in his eyes mimicked my own internal turmoil, and his raised eyebrows silently questioned my sudden appearance. Without hesitation, I took hold of both his arms, catching him off guard with my sudden and desperate grip, and his muscles involuntarily tensed under my touch.

"Thank you."

The room fell silent, and the weight of the moment seemed almost tangible. My eyes were locked on him, waiting for his response. He said nothing at first, maintaining a stoic demeanor that hinted at intrigue and mystery. But then, like a flame flickering to life, a slow upward twitch began to form on his lips. It was subtle yet undeniable—a cryptic glimpse into the thoughts brewing within his enigmatic mind. In that instant, it was clear that something profound had shifted between us.

"This would do for now."

Without uttering a single word, I silently rushed back to the comfort of my own room, abandoning him in the empty hallway. His gaze had a mystical power, one that rendered me speechless and vulnerable. My retreat was not an act of cowardice but rather a strategic move to protect myself from the embarrassment that awaited me had I stayed any longer. I couldn't risk making a fool of myself, stumbling over my own words under the weight of his enchanting stare. However, I couldn't help but feel that I did the right thing by going after him. I felt happy to see him smile.

...................................

Don't forget to vote and comment...