Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye

Start from the beginning

The castle was empty to his advantage, since the night previous was the ball and everyone probably was already passed out. He figured it was 4 in the morning or something around there. Harry didn't dare even think about Draco's pocketwatch. In fact, he didn't dare think at all. Thinking led to pain, and frankly, he'd felt enough of that lately. 

By the time he reached his dormroom door, he decided he was done. Completely, one hundred percent done. He didn't even dare look at Draco's door. It was like he didn't even exist anymore. Like he was already away and married, Harry didn't think he existed anymore. 

Isn't that what Draco wanted anyway?

Harry quietly stepped into the shower without waking Ron. He hoped he had fun with Hermione at the ball. He wished he would have went to the ball instead of going through with some stupid date that he knew deep down wouldn't work. Not on Malfoy. 

Once out of the shower, he went directly for his bed, laying down and snuggling under the covers, his back to Ron, who was awake.

"Where were you, mate," he whispered, "you missed out."

Harry didn't answer. He just turned to Ron who saw the tears falling down his cheeks.

"What happened," he asked, sitting up. 

Harry shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it, I'll be fine," he sniffed.

"Are you sure about that-"

"Of course not. I just don't want to..talk...think, just please leave me alone," Harry choked out, turning away. 

"If it was that git-"

"Who else would it be? Just please leave me alone, okay?"

"Okay," Ron sighed, solemnly, "If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know."

Harry wanted him to shut up. He wanted to scream at him that there was nothing he could do. He wanted to cuss him out. He wanted to punch his teeth in. But he controlled himself and just thanked him for his concern before drifting into an uneasy sleep.

———————————————————————

 When he woke, he felt sick again and cried immediately. It was if nothing could dig him out of this whole of darkness. It was later in the morning, and he decided to get out of bed. He wasn't going to have another fit. He would be strong.

Well, as strong as he could be given the circumstances.

Upon walking to the common room, he found Hermione and Ron on the couch quiet. They heard him walking, and they both turned around, Ron standing. They waited for him to speak, and at first, Harry stared at the floor, but then he looked up at them.

"I'm done," he said, his voice cracking.

"Harry," Hermione started in a quiet voice, but Harry cut him off.

"No. I am. I'm done. Remembering him isn't going to do me any good. I don't have any use of him anymore. I need to get on with my life."

"Mate, that's not a good idea," said Ron. "Isn't he in too deep?"

"Maybe I could fall in love with someone else without him, though," he said hopefully. "Right now I can't think about anyone else because he... he-"

"Harry, you're sure," Hermione asked standing and maneuvering next to him. "You know you can't go back once you've done it."

"It'll be good," he nodded. "He won't remember, I won't remember. It'll be like nothing happened and life will be livable again."

"Don't you think this is the easy way out," Ron asked.