Chapter 3

The roof is always peaceful, there's a lot of empty space and no one comes up. That's why it's the perfect place to get away. I come up here all the time and no one bothers trying to drag me back down. I'll say it too, I talk to myself so I technically have spoken but no ones heard me. It's not really to myself either, it's to Jazz.

"I don't know what to do." I sat on the edge of the roof looking up at the sky. " What am I looking at? A second chance? I mean sure he's a lot like you but how can I trust again? I'm so confused and lost...I wish you were still here...I love you, paint and all." I dip my head staring at my hands as the tears stream down my face again. Paint and all was our phrase, we would always tell it to each other. Jazz told it to me before he went into battle and died. I can still remember the day as if it had happened yesterday. Waiting for Jazz to come back only to find Ironhide carrying what was left of him. I was devastated, everything inside of me seemed to shatter. It still makes me angry today to think that all I can do is sit and wait for the day the Autobots defeat Megatron. I stand picking up a rock and throwing it across the roof. I turn but out of the corner of my eye I see it hit something and fall. I can't see it though...cautiously I walk over to where the rock is. I reach out bracing myself for some attack or something. Instead my fingers touch something cold, metal. I watch as the spot where my hand is turns red and is revealed bit by bit. I back away and soon Dino is standing in front of me. Oh no, how long has he been standing here? I look from him to the side of the roof where I was sitting and back to Dino.

    "I only wanted to make sure you were okay." Dino said transforming into his car mode. I dip my head putting my hands on the hood. Two words, I decide, two words.

    "I'm fine" I say quietly. It's quiet for a while.

    "It did not sound that way" Dino says quietly breaking the silence. Now that I've spoken once I can't stop myself.

    "Fine?! Of course I'm not fine! The only person who completely understood me is gone! It's been two and a half years!!! I'm not going to get over it! Ever! People don't understand me, what I've been through! Not only is Jazz gone but I ran away from home when I was 10! 10." I start yelling and it feels good letting everything out but its wrong, I know it. I sit down putting my head in my hands. I hear Dino's engine start and look up when I feel the heat from the engine.

    "Come on we're going into the city" He says. Reluctantly I get in the driver's side

and put on my seatbelt. Then I remember something, we're on the roof. Before I can ask how we're going to get down Dino freaking drives off the roof and lands on the road outside the gates. I just stare out the front window, I'm too busy watching the city. It's been so long since I've been in the city but I love this place. Not as much as my home in Oklahoma though. That's another story for another time though.