This isn't Me I'm Not Mechanical

I woke up early that morning and immediately checked my cell phone. I had two missed calls: Twiggy and Cal. I decided to take the better road first and call Cal. It rang once.

"Hello?" I swallowed. "Hey Cal, I saw I had a missed call from you. What's up?" She took a deep breath. "It's not really important. I just wanted to talk a bit and tell you something." I waited and she didn't say anything else. "Well. What is it?" I added a laugh at the end. Marilyn sat up in bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me, laying his head on my shoulder.

"I just wanted to say I have never had a better friend than you, and I want to thank you for being here. I am going to take a leap of faith and trust you." She laughed at the end. "Oh and are you moving in? Zim and I would love to have you." I paused, thinking. "Can I let you know a bit later?" She paused as well. "Yeah. Your welcome here anytime. Just call and give a heads up." I could hear the disappointment in her voice. She actually wanted me to move in with her.

"Bye Cal." We laughed. "Bye Nikki." She replied. I heard Zim in the background. "Bye Nikki!" I laughed. "Bye Zim!"

Marilyn bit my neck as I closed the phone. I laughed and turned to him. "No." I laughed and poked his nose. He laughed and made a sad face. "What did Cal want?" He asked. "She just wanted to tell me she is grateful to have me as a friend and she asked me a question." He tilted his head to one side. "What was the question?" I cleared my throat and laid back down with my back to him. "She wants to know if I'm moving in with her." His body tensed up. "What did you say?" I shrugged. "I told her I didn't know yet." His body went limp. "Look at me. We need to talk." I suddenly felt nervous and scared really. I turned over anyway and faced him, sitting up cross-legged. "If you want to leave, and you don't love me anymore... you can go. But if you love me still, I want you to know you mean the world to me. I love you with all my heart. I want you to stay with me. I know I haven't been treating you the way you should be treated, and I'm sorry. I'll do better." I nodded. "I haven't been at my best either." I tried to make him feel better, he just looked down. I put my finger under his chin and raised his head to look at me. "I will always want and love you." He leaned forward and kissed me.

"I'm not going anywhere." I assured him. And finally I felt like one thing would go right. And it would be he and I. I took a deep breath and shakily grabbed my phone. "What are you doing?" He sounded nervous. "Calling Twiggy."