Prologue

Hell.

Stories and rumours circled around that damned place. About how it had 'layers.' How it was like a hotel building, deep inside the firey pit of torment. Each layer, people would describe as a whole other universe, where all different kinds of demons and monsters slept.

These 'layers' went down for endless miles, meaning that there could be hundreds of them- thousands even. Hell could feel endless, nobody really knew. It was only humans who thought Hell was bad, but how would they ever be certain? You can only make a fair judgement if you've seen it with your own eyes. But... The only way to do that would be to die.

Surely enough, once you're dead, you stay dead. It's a neverending cycle with these humans... Birth, life, death to sum it all up.

Such miserable, whiny creatures humans are.

Hell to demons surely wasn't bad. It was home of course. Each layer was completely aware and educated on the fact that there were universes above and below theirs, but they were never allowed to leave their own layer. Certain species hated the others crossing over into their territory, so nobody decided to leave. Not unless they had a death wish to get their soul torn into tiny pieces.

Despite these laws, the demons didn't really care. Each layer was unique, fit for each species.

But... There was one layer.

One layer that didn't behave like the rest of them, it was constantly in pain, feeling empty. Like something was missing. This layer didn't feel... Perfect unlike the other layers. The demons felt incomplete, pitied upon by other species, all because they felt... Empty.

With the neverending cold feeling inside of their souls, they had decided to take things into their own hands. The Aerae demons, had a plan, for once and for all, to make this feeling stop.

So they made a government. They made a place, where there could be rules. Where there could be excitement and fun, where the world could be painted a whole new set of colours. They had it right in their own two hands, someplace that they could finally call... Home.

Their world was finally built up, like the tallest castle, fit for the most royal of royalty. The neverending, never fading colours that coated their layer like a fresh coat of rainbow paint.

Hundreds of years had gone by since then and finally, the pity finally stopped.

They couldn't have been happier, to finally not be frowned upon by the strongest of strong. They could rise up, without limits, so they would never be looked down on, for the rest of eternity. That was just the way Aerae demons were... They couldn't stand pity, they wanted things to be perfect.

And things stayed how they were. Perfect.

Ten years passed without anyone ever noticing that their once colourful, beautiful world, was turning into an ugly, deep shade of colourless grey.

This once beautiful world.

It had been given the title, 313.

Where the Aerae demons, once lived peacefully and happily, without any flaws.

This is the story about Layer 313 in Hell.