Chapter 12

A/N short fluff but it's 2 am

"Fuck this is cold."

"Fuck you're gorgeous." Camila rolled her eyes but bit her bottom lip to hide her smile. She failed ultimately as she shook her head at Lauren.

"It's froyo, wow I wonder why it's cold. Oh wait, it's called frozen for a reason." Lauren continued, completely destroying Camila's mood.

"Your sass isn't helping u win my heart, Lauren." Camila muttered, making Lauren chuckle.

"Camz, Camz, look at the moon." The pair were sitting by the huge glass windows of the Froyo store. Lauren pointed at the dimly lit moon, gaining Camila's attention on it.

"Oh wow, it's beautiful." Camila appreciated, her eyes showing wonder and admiration, her eyes then lit up and her lips turned into a smirk. "Like you." She added.

"Oh wow, damn Camz, since when did you turn into a little fuckboy." Lauren laughed, her heart fluttering a bit but she smirked.

"I tend to stay stupid things when I have tiny crushes." Camila was aware of what she said and the effect it may cause to the Jauregui girl but she didn't expect her to cough and choke on froyo. Can u even choke on froyo?

"Jesus." Camila stood up and pat her on the back as the girl drank out of her water bottle.

"I really need to start taking your advice and give you warnings huh?" Camila teased but Lauren nodded seriously.

"Seriously Camz, you do things to me that even I don't understand."

"Like choke on froyo?"

"Yeah like choke on froyo." Lauren had finally calmed down and Camila returned to her seat. She was getting more comfortable with Lauren compared to their first date where Camila barely touched her food. Now the said girl unashamedly licked her spoon to get the remaining froyo left on the spoon.

"What? Seriously stop staring, it's not cute anymore." Camila blushed and refused eye contact. She grew insecure and started wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. Lauren shook her head and took her clean tissue to wipe some off her lips instead. Camila stopped moving, her heartbeat rapidly beating and her breathing slowing down. Lauren was leaning in and fuck they were so close.

"You know what Camz?"

"what?" Her heart beat impossibly faster, expecting that as Lauren's warning for something cute but instead she got a

"I'll gladly choke on froyo everyday for you."

--
"Can I hold your hand, please?" The goofy smile on Lauren's face was what made Camila gave her an automatic answer as she smiled an equally wide grin.

"Of course you can." Camila teased.

"May I, madam?"

"That'd be my pleasure." They walked hand in hand towards the park they left their bikes on. Just Camren under the cold evening air, listening to the birds chirp.

"What do you think those birds are saying to each other?" Camila asked, expecting Lauren's usual wisdom.

"I don't know, are u high Camz?" Lauren chuckled and stared at Camila "Fuck, they could be singing Despacito for all I know. I have no idea."

Camila laughed out loud and Lauren thought maybe the birds were complimenting her laugh. Maybe the birds admired her as much as she did. Or maybe the birds were laughing at Lauren and calling her a pussy for not making braver moves.

"Hey Camz, I know it's late but wanna head somewhere?"

"Somewhere? In the middle of the night?"