.:Nine:.

The next few days were a blur. Demencia was suspicious of Dr. Flug and Black Hat. 5.0.5 seemed to not care. The demon and the scientist had gotten closer. Although, they don't make that much physical contact, and Black Hat still doesn't know what Flug looks like.

Black Hat sat at his desk, thinking. He really wanted to see Flug's actual face. Not that bag. So, he stood up, and went to the labratory, where Flug was working. Opening and closing the door as quietly as possible, he went over to Flug and rested his head on the top of the paper bag covering Flug's face. The demon could feel him freeze in surprise, and then relax when he realized who it was.

When Black Hat asked the question that he hoped he never would, he was terrified. But, if he kept avoiding it, Black Hat would just get more curious and ask more. The poor scientist was torn. But, he decided to stop running, for once. He sighed, and turned around, facing Black Hat. He looked up at him.

"Are you sure you want to see?"

Black Hat simply nodded. Flug was scared, but he couldn't go back now. He slowly took the bag off of his head, revealing a burn along the right side of his face, a large scar going diagonally across his nose, and a smaller scar on his left cheek. He looked terrified. The eyes on his face were mis-matched, being blue and green. His hair was a light brown, and it looked almost golden, and very messy. And.. He was human.

"I-I hope this is good enough.."

"You're human?!"

"Uh.. Y-Yes.. I'm h-human... please d-don't be mad."

"I need a moment to think."

"Yes sir.."

Black Hat left the room, leaving Flug to his own thoughts. Right then, it was a bad idea.

'He hates me. He hates me because of what I am. He's going to tell Demencia, and 5.0.5. He's going to make them stay away from me. He's not going to love me anymore. Nobody loves me after they see me. I should've kept it on. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.'

He put his bag and goggles back on. He wanted to cry, but he couldn't. No tears were falling.

'What was I thinking?!'

He crawled under his desk and curled into a ball, resting his head on the floor. Then, he covered his goggles with his hands. Time seemed to stop. There was no movement in the room. Until he felt a pair of arms grab him and pick him up. It was Black Hat. He held Flug in his arms.

'He's... Not mad?'

"Y-You... You're not m-mad..?"

"Why would I be? You're beautiful. It doesn't matter to me that you're human."

Black Hat sat in Flug's chair, still holding his scientist. After a while, Flug was asleep. Slowly, Black Hat removed the bag. Flug looked so peaceful when he slept. He swept some of the hair from his face, and without really realizing what he was doing, He kissed Flug's forehead. When he noticed what he just did, he put Flug's bag back on. He would love to look at him longer, but when Flug woke up, he'd be expecting to wear his bag. Soon, even though the demon did not need it, he slept too.

Demencia saw Black Hat exit the lab, and pace around, then walk back in. She grew curious. She went into the lab, as quietly as she possibly could. She was hit by the sight of Flug sleeping in Black Hat's arms. She thought he was awake, but then realized the demon was asleep too. She didn't know how to feel. One, she felt happy for Flug, for getting Black Hat to like him back. On the other hand, she was angry at Black Hat for not loving her, and mad at Flug for taking him away. She exited the lab, and went to go find 5.0.5. He would comfort her. She found him asleep. She stormed to her room, which was an absolute mess.

"Ugh! Everyone here is asleep!! I might as well too."

Everyone in the hat-shaped building was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! This chapter! It's great. Some emotional stuff in the beginning, cyoot things in the middle, and somewhat emotional things in the end!

I hoped you guys liked this chapter too. I keep thinking that I'm rushing things. Whoops.