.:Four:.

Again in a state of extreme confusion, Flug sat up, and looked at his surroundings. He was.. Back in Black Hat's office? But he was just leaving..

"Well?"

Black Hat's voice was calm, not the angered shouting that he had just heard. This was all very confusing.

"Flug? Are you okay?"

The scientist realized that the ray must've worked, and he was just experiencing the effects.

"Y-Yes.. I'm fine, sir. What happened?"

"I'd like to ask you the same thing."

Flug continued to explain the details of what he had just been through. From the ray failing to work, to the fact that he was fired.

"I see. Well, get back to work then."

"O-Of course!"

He was elated that he wasn't actually fired. Flug ran back to his lab, eager to start another project. When he got there, he began drawing up a blueprint.

Back in Black Hat's office, Black Hat thought about what his scientist had said about the device. He thought about what Flug had told him about what he saw, and about what it meant. Obviously, Flug loved his job, if loosing it was his worst fear. In Black Hat's eyes, this was good. Even though he may say the contrary on occasion, Flug was the best scientist he's ever seen. He soon realized that he didn't know flug all too well, he wasn't even sure about what he was. He was always wearing that stupid paper bag. He didn't understand why. The angriest he had seen Flug was when Demencia almost ripped off the bag. While remembering the incedent, Black Hat realized that he hadn't seen Demencia all day, usually, she'd come into his office to flirt with him, and he'd make her leave.

It was unusually quiet in the hat shaped building. Black Hat decided to investigate. Flug was in his lab, working on something. Alright. Demencia was sleeping on the couch. That was why it was so quiet. 5.0.5 was dusting and just cleaning like he usually was. Black Hat went back to his office.

Dr. Flug had just about finished the blueprint for the new invention. It was a device that traps the target in a bubble, nearly indestructable from the inside, that renders all powers useless. It would come in handy to a lot of villains. He heard the door to his lab creak open, and looked over his shoulder to see who it was. There was nobody standing in the doorway. Now paranoid of an intruder, he carefully went back to work, staying very aware of his surroundings.

"Interesting."

Flug, to the suprise of his boss, fell out of his chair, his face hitting the corner of the desk on the way down. When he sat up, he was covering one of his eyes, or.. Goggle lenses. It was broken.

"Oh jeez.."

The scientist got up, and hurried over to a drawer. It had a stack of paper bags and two pairs of spare goggles. He took off the goggles, but not the bag, and put on one of the spares. Not before Black Hat could sneak a glance at the eye he was not covering. It was.. Blue. An interesting color.

"S-Sorry about that.."

A nervous sounding laugh came from Flug after that. Black Hat became curious, and asked a question.

"Why do you wear that bag?"

That simple question made his blood run cold. That was the last thing he wanted his boss to ask.

"I-I.."

"Well?"

"I don't l-like how I look.. You wouldn't either..."

"Take it off."

"I-I can't.."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to.. Y-You would hate me."

The demon became annoyed. Regardless, he decided to cut Flug some slack.

"Fine. Get back to work."

"O-Okay."

Black Hat left the room, leaving Flug to reflect on what just happened. His bag had never been a problem before, so he wondered why that had changed. He thought about his employer. Despite his boss' aggression, Flug liked him.. A lot. He tried his best not to make it obvious, though. He knew Black Hat was unobtainable. 

He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind and continued working.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! Here is today's chapter!

SoMeThInG MiGhT HaPpEn iN ThE NeXt oNe sO WaTcH OuT ;>

I'm super excited to write moree