.:Two:.

The door to the lab burst open, and Black Hat came walking in. He saw Dr. Flug looking terrified, cowering and shaking under his desk. Normally, to Black Hat, this kind of behavior would be pathetic, and completely unacceptable. But, for some reason, Black Hat felt sympathy for the scientist. He decided not to let it show.

"Flug! What are you doing?!"

The harsh sound of his boss' voice boomed throughout the somewhat spacious labratory. This only made Flug shrink back more.

"S-Sorry, sir..!"

"'Sorry, sir' does not answer my question."

"O-Oh, sorry... I was.."

Even Flug himself had no idea what he was doing. He decided to just say that.

"I.. D-Don't.. Know..?"

The response sounded more like a question.

"Get out from under there."

Flug knew what would happen if he did. Although, he has already disobeyed enough today. Slowly, he crawled out of the shelter that was under his desk. Surprisingly, Black Hat did not grab him, but simply stared at him.

"When was the last time you slept?"

'Oh no...'

"A-About... A week..."

A sigh escaped Black Hat's mouth.

"The last time you ate something?"

"Oh.. Uh.. I don't r-remember...."

"Why don't you take care of yourself?!"

By now, Flug was on the verge of tears, and with this last question, the tears came flooding from his eyes. Most slipped past the goggles that he wore, but the rest collected in them. Too weak at this point to stand, he fell to the ground and covered his 'eyes'. Black Hat frowned, he was very concerned.

"Tell you what. I'll give you a break, for the rest of the day. Eat something, and rest. But don't expect me to start handing these out often."

Behind closed doors, Black Hat wasn't all that bad. Sure, he yelled, and occasionally hurt, but definitely not as bad as when they were recording or in view of others.

"Thank y-you, Jefecito."

Flug stood up, and walked out of his lab with his boss behind him. It was obvious that he wasn't getting back into his lab anytime soon. He made his way into the kitchen to eat something. Flug knew that his body would reject it if he ate a lot, so he got an apple. He didn't feel comfortable eating in a room where just about anyone living there could see him, so he took the apple to his room to eat it there.

When he approached the door to his room, he remembered how long it has been since he's stepped into the room. Since he was certain that nobody would enter, he took off the set of bags that he'd put on not even ten minutes earlier. In addition to that he took off the lab coat and rubber gloves that he is hardly ever without. He looked at the apple, and then at his bed. Flug decided to take a few bites of the apple, then throw it away.

'I have to start small.'

And with that, he fell onto his bed, and the moment his head hit his pillow, he was out like a light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short update! I'll try to write larger updates in the future. 

Please note that these daily updates may or may not become a regular thing.

If you want the longer ones, daily updates will not be a regular occurrence.

If you do not mind the shorter chapters, I'll be happy to update (ALMOST) every day!