12.

"I can't believe it's the week before Christmas already!" Ashley exclaimed as we browsed the racks of the store, we have just broken up for Christmas break and currently shopping for gifts.

"I have no idea what I'm going to give Tyler." I grumbled sifting through the men's t-shirts.

"Do something really cute, I'm sure he'll love it." Ashley responded giving me the perfect idea.

"What about you and Lucas?" I asked.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Why do you call him Lucas?"

"Whenever their parent would talk about him- which wasn't a lot- they would refer to him by his full name. I guess it stuck and now I know it pisses him off so much, I carry on." I explained laughing slightly.

"Why do you like pissing him off again?" Ashley inquired.

"I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine." I smirked. "Lucas has been giving Tyler shit ever since he came back, I'm just repaying the favour."

"Whatever you say baby girl." Ashley huffed and picked up a few of the t-shirts. "When are we exchanging these presents?"

"Tomorrow." I answered. Were we leaving this a bit late? Probably. Would that stop us next time? Nope.

"Look when we are done here, I need to go to the photo place." I said. We waited in line to pay for Ashley's things and then made our way to this store that develops your photos for you. I bought a frame and a silver marker and then plugged my memory stick into the machine, I chose all the photos that I had been editing over the past few weeks or so and printed them out, paying for them once I was finished.

Once we were finished, Ashley and I got some food and then went back home. I began starting on my present for Tyler.

I really hope he likes this.

***

I finished wrapping up the presents I had bought and slipped them into my rucksack. Jumping into my brother's car and making my way to Tyler's house. When I got there his mother answered the door, I gave her a hug and handed her hers and Tyler's fathers presents which she swiftly put under their immaculate tree.

"Merry Christmas." I said handing out the gifts. I crafted a bag for Ashley filled with all the things she loves: her favourite lip gloss, chocolate, hair ties, earrings, hair pins and other necessities. I got Lucas some new headphones; he has been complaining about his hold one's ever since the last race. I made Tyler a picture collage of us with little notes written on the back.

"I love it Riles, thank you." Ashley thanked me giving me a hug and handing me mine. I opened it up and found a fluffy, grey stuffed bear with a Pandora ring around its paw. I smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you honey." I slipped the ring on my finger and it fit perfectly. It was a small band with a bow on it.

"Did you make this yourself?" Tyler asked kissing me on the neck.

"Yeah, I did." I smiled, turning the frame over and taking the back off to reveal all of the messages on the photos.

"Riles this is so sweet." Tyler handed me mine and I opened it to find a bottle of Chanel perfume.

"Thank you, Tyler this must have cost a fortune." I pecked his lips and cuddled into his side.

"Only the best for my girl."

"Get a room you two." Lucas said gagging slightly. "I wasn't sure what to get you two so I've got you gift cards." Lucas said, referring to Ashley and I, I opened up the envelope and found a fifty-dollar gift card for top shop and Ashley found the same. Tyler opened his and found a small sliver flask with his initials engraved on it.

"Thanks bro." Tyler thanked giving him a back slap.

"Okay, who wants food?" I said standing up and pulling Tyler with me. I heard a few 'me's and we all made our way into the kitchen where there was pizza laid out on the counter, Tyler's parents must have ordered us some food while we were exchanging gifts.

We sat eating and talking about what our plans were over the winter break. Lucas was talking about this rematch he had against Sam.

"How come the date is so far away?" I asked.

"Most people are on Vacation over the holidays and I guess he wanted to train a little." Lucas mumbled.

"Oh. So, when is it?" Ashley asked.

"The week after valentine's day." Lucas said with a mouthful of food.

"That's so far." Tyler said. "Gives you a lot of time to prepare."

"Is everyone done?" I asked, they nodded and I started collecting the plates. "It's my turn to wash up." Everyone left to chill in the den while I washed up all our plates. The kitchen was quiet and peaceful but I could still hear the hum of the TV in the den and everyone chatting and laughing.

"Need any help?" I jumped at the sound of Lucas' voice.

"I'm good thanks." I smiled. "I'm nearly done anyway."

"You and Tyler really have a system, down don't you?" Lucas smiled starting to put away some of the dishes.

"Well when you spend as much time with someone as we do, it kind of evolves on its own."

"Thank you for my earphones by the way." Lucas thanked me, giving me slight glances as he tidied up.

"It's fine." I smiled.

"Is this the first good conversation we have had?" Lucas said.

"I think it is." I replied.

"Wow, that's amazing."

"Don't push it Matthews." I retorted, laughing slightly. Once we had finished putting everything away, we took the pizza boxes outside to the trash, we strolled back into the house in silence. A good silence, the kind of silence you're comfortable with.

"Oh look." Lucas said making me stop.

"What?" I questioned.

"Mistletoe." I audibly gulped and looked up. I knew I should've just carried on walking but I couldn't, instead I just stared at the mistletoe, hoping it would disappear.

"Riley." Lucas whispered, causing me to look back down only to find that we were millimetres apart. We just stood there listening to the sound of each other breathing, Lucas' hands moving close to my waist.

"Making any new year's resolutions this year?" Lucas asked, breath fanning over my lips.

"Yeah." I replied. "To not make any stupid mistakes." I backed away and turned around, leaving Lucas standing under the mistletoe.

A/N

So here is another chapter. I hope you liked it. I have so much planned for this book I can't wait.

~Jadey6688