36

Just to help you wait....

Venice, Italy

Julie smiles.

Her mentor and now best friend is freaking out, and it's something the blonde has never seen before from someone that usually is so calm and collected. She is stressing out about every detail of the upcoming wedding, willing to make sure Shelina has the best day ever. The past year has not been that easy with the Canadian living either in Washington during the season, or flying back to her hometown during the holidays, while Becky was flying back and forth in between Kansas City and UCLA to support the girls. 

But it's their moment : their holidays. 

Thinking that a baby here wouldn't be the best idea ever, Julie gave Freya to Zach, so that he could take care of his baby girl and introduce her to his family back in his hometown. Kop, who also is pretty busy with calming Shelina down, is nowhere to be found, while most of their teammates - well, now former teammates - are visiting the city. 

But Julie and Kelley are here, against all odds. 

"Dude" Kelley lets out, rolling her eyes. "There's no need to stress out like that."

Becky throws her a death glare, that makes Julie smirk. 

"I need this day to be perfect" the defender explains, firing dagger at her former teammates, not her opponent on the league. "I owe that to Shelina."

"You know she'll find it perfect as long as she is with you, Becks" the brunette insists, determined to make Becky relax.

The defender doesn't say anything, while checking her dress is here for the hundredth time. Julie and Kelley exchange a look, before smirking. 

The blonde thinks it's time to change the subject. 

"I still can't believe that even after all those years, you've never admitted your feelings to Allie" she says, serious. 

That immediately makes Kelley blush and look away. 

"I'm still the exact same chicken I've been for years" she settles, shaking her head. "Our friendship is so important to me... I'm scared I might lose her."

Becky rolls her eyes.

"You never wondered why Allie never dated anybody ?" she asks, raising her eyebrows. "Maybe she's waiting for someone in particular." 

"I could bet my life it isn't me then"

Both defenders roll their eyes, but Kelley doesn't care : she will never be able to admit her feelings, especially not now with Tobin and Kelsey (aka Allie's best friend) around all the time.

The brunette then smirks.

"You never told us how you and Shelina met" she points out, and that immediately makes Julie pay attention to something else than Allie.

Becky blushes.

"Mhm" she only lets out.

But the minute she sees Julie and Kelley ready to strangle her if she doesn't say anything, the older girl sighs.