37

3:33 pm

"I know declare you wife, and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

The room erupts in applauds, as Becky and Shelina look at each other.

The older girl grabs the Canadian's cheeks, before bringing their lips together. From the corner of her eyes, Christen can see her new teammate - Julie Johnston - start to cry, and Kop trying to comfort her by wrapping her strong arm around her shoulders. On her own, the Latina just looks at her girlfriend, Mel, who is also moved by all that love emanating from the brides. Christen grabs her hand as a promise : maybe one day, it'll be them on there.

Once Becky pulls away, she brings their foreheads together, but Shelina is the one saying, shading a tear :

"I love you"

The defender smirks.

"I love you more."

With that said, she grabs Shelina's hand, walk past their teammates, maids of honor - that includes Julie, Kop, and Shelina's childhood friend Stephanie Labbé - who are celebrating them, before dissapearing in a car.

They soon all are going to the wedding party, that is set to take place on a beach.

*

8:57 pm

The former and current Stanford and UCLA teammates are all here today to celebrate their two former captains, and without any competition or murderer in the way, you can say the atmosphere is amazingly peaceful and joyful. 

Rachel is walking around, not really going anywhere : she was with the youngsters for a while (the other sophomores in Caprice, Danny and Mads) but she soon realizes Danny should go somewhere else. Indeed. Sofia Huerta has been flashing looks toward the middy, and even though she's being pretty obvious, Danny hasn't figured that out already. So here is Rachel, grabbing her arm.

She then smirks.

"Are you going to talk to her or what ?"

Danny, who is pretty drunk - and so is everybody else because the rules of the US don't apply in Mexico, thank God - shakes her head.

"N-no, I mean, why would I..."

"Oh c'mon now, go and engage a conversation with her" the Brit orders, pushing her teammate toward the Stanford alum. She then smirks. "I think you won't regret it."

"What do I do ?"

"I don't know, act casual."

Danny nods.

"Casual, okay."

With that said, she thanks Rachel and walks straight toward Sofia. When the girl turns around, she probably doesn't expect Danny to actually be here, and blushes like hell. The way the two girls' body languages are just shyness and embarrassment says it all : they have a crush on each other. 

I'm so good in making pairings, Rachel thinks to herself, before finding her way to the bar. I should use some more drinks as well