Chapter 2

[🔗]<before reading 

Because it's something you would do♥ 

Charles and Erik are waiting outside by their car, waiting while Harley packs her bag.

Dede noticing that the two men hadn't left yet, not looking away from the men she says to Thomas "Hey Tommy, those's guys are still here.".

Thomas walks over to her, looking through the window, sure enough there they are, the taller one, Erik leaning against the car, the short one, Charles arms crossed, smile on his face.

"Why, what do they want?" Dean asks, coming up behind his wife. "I don't know, but Harley has been gone for a while." Kyle says, tapping his cigarette on the ashtray. "I'm gonna go talk to her." Thomas says, climbing the stairs that lead to their apartment, reaching Harley's bedroom, he sees her moving around her room, throwing things into a duffel  bag.

"You wanna tell me what you're doing?" Thomas says, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. Harley turns around to look at her dad, "It's a little complicated." she said, looking at the ground.

"You wanna try to explain?", she looks up at him, looking him in the eye, and says "I don't think you're gonna like it.". He shrugs "I figured, by you packing a bag.".

"Apparently, there's a mutant, someone like me, trying to start world war three, and they are finding other mutants to help stop him." She said bluntly, watching his face for any reaction, what she got was his eyebrows furrowing."Why?" He asked, in a quiet voice, she just barely heard it, "Why what?" she asked.

"Why are you doing it, you don't even know them." Thomas asked, walking into her room. The room where she grew up. He remembers her first bed, so small, the toy box covered in terrible doodles that now hold memories from over the years, from the attempts of them trying to decorate it. Then all the hockey gear, scattered around the room, he remembers the way she would tear off her gear, all the way to her bedroom, and then crash on her bed. Even now hockey gear is on the floor, a mine field of dog toys, walls covered in pictures of all of them.

"Because it's something you would do."  Harley says, making Thomas raise an eyebrow "How so?" he asked.

"If you are able to help someone, you do it. Especially if it's for family. " She said, looking him in the eye, stepping a little closer to him. "Using my own words against me, that's cheap." He says, but with a smile on his face. "That's also something you would do." She replies, a smirk on her face.

Accepting defeat, knowing there's no way to change her mind, he opens his arms.

Harley stepping forward, wraps her arms around his torso. Thomas holds her close, realizing this could be the last time he could hold his baby bear. resting his chin on top of her head, he sees one of the pictures on her night stand. It's a photo of the two of them, in the garage covered in grease, she had a smile so big, you would think it would start to come off her cheeks.

"Why'd you have to go and grow up so fast?" He asked, kissing the top of her head.

She looked up at him, a sweet smile on her face, "If it's any consolation, I didn't want to grow up either.", Thomas doesn't say anything, only holds her tighter.

"I love you dad." she says in French.

"I love you baby bear."

After some tears, squeezing Bain in a tight hug and saying goodbye to her family. Bag on her shoulder, Harley exits the shop not looking back for even a second. Because if she did, she might run back.

Reaching Charles and Erik, they both look over having heard footsteps.

Both look a little surprised, Charles more then Erik, there was Harley, the girl who had been decked out in sports gear, now in tight ripped black jeans, gold studded jacket, gold studded high heeled ankle boots, hair down out of the messy bun she had while playing.

Charles' was breath taken, she was very different then the other women he had met.

"Alright, I'm here, now what?" She says, stopping in front of them, hip cocked and arms crossed. She may not seem like it, but she's incredibly nervous.

"We're going to head back to our "base" if you will." Charles says, hands in his pockets.

"Okay, let's go." She said, opening the back door of the car, tossing her bag in the back and climbing in, "Before I change my mind." and with that she closes the door, without giving them a chances to speak.

Arriving to the base, Harley looks out the window, eyes widening a bit she looks over to Charles and says "Your "base" is at the CIA headquarters?", he looks back at her about to speak but is cut off by Erik "Is that going to be a problem?" he said, in a tone she couldn't tell what he meant by that.

"I sure hope not." She said, leaning back in her seat, they park right out front of the base, grabbing her bag and climbing out. She walks around to the side where they both are waiting for her, "Oh, we never asked." Charles says, not to anyone specific more like he has remembered something and just announced it out loud.

"Asked what?" Harley replies, raising an eyebrow.

"What your ability's are." He told her.

Instead of answering, she drops her bag on the floor and walks to the front of the car.

"What are you doing?" Erik asks, in a bored tone, yet still interested in what this girl could do.

"Just watch." She told them, grabbing the front of the car with both hands, bending her knees slightly, giving a small grunt, she lifts the entire front of the car in one move.

"Oh, and It doesn't hurt at all." She says, not even out of breath.

"What?" Erik says, still in shock of what this girl can do.

"Nothing does actually." She says, putting the car back down.

"Nothing?" Charles asks, smile on his face, amazed by her.

"I could be shot, and never know it." She said, cocking her head to the left "Well, until someone told me.".

"Amazing." Charles says, in absolute awe.