Chapter Eight - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)

Hey peeps!

Thank you for reading this. We love you guys! Enough talk though. READ. I COMMAND YOU xD

Remember...

COMMENT, VOTE AND FAN! <3

(Dedicated to @TheBoredDevil...for being one of us three who's been writing this. =D)

***

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter 8 (Cyra’s POV)

                I sprang out of bed and looked to my left. Shiz! It’s eight-twenty already! I doubted that I would get there on time, but at least I had to try.

                Opening my closet, I threw on the first pieces of clothing I had laid my eyes on that weren't too tacky. There wasn't exactly much time to be picky, so even though the result looked a little too 'formal', I decided that it would do.

                Running to the bathroom, I nearly crashed into my idiot of a brother, Mark.

                “Watch where you’re going!” I glared at the tall, messy-haired boy.

                He backed against the wall, raising his hands up in surrender. He knew what had happened to Paul, since I had kind of sent him to the hospital. And well... They were brothers, so there wasn't much to say about that. And what Paul said last time was true; I was actually a lot stronger than both of them.

                In less than two minutes, I finished what I needed to do with eight minutes left to get to school. You're never going to make it! My mind told me involuntarily as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

                The elevator was extremely slow today. And with my impatience adding to that, not even half a minute before I gave up and took the stairs. Argh! So many flights! I grumbled silently to myself as I flew down the steps, panting slightly as I finally reached the bottom.

               I sprinted the whole way to school, even though I knew it was pretty much a lost cause. The heavy backpack full of textbooks that I had lugged over my shoulders didn't help much either. What was a twenty minute walk became a six minute sprint. With about half a minute left before the tardy bell, I weaved in and out of the current of students rushing to get to their class.

               “Cyra! Hurry! You’re going to be late!” I heard my friend’s voice down the hall. Yes! I might make it! The class is so close! I’ll make it! I’ll make it! I chanted silently to myself to keep my adrenaline pumping.

               I counted down the seconds. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

               The second I stepped into the classroom, the bell rung.

               I bit my lip nervously as our math teacher, Mrs. Scott, looked at me warily. Her eyebrows were bunched up together a bit as she considered the situation. After a few seconds of waiting, she finally decided to let it go since I was one of the best students in class.

               Yes! And I told myself I wouldn’t make it. Yes! I began to do my happy dance when I collapsed on the nearest empty chair.

                I let out a sigh of relief when the half blonde, half brunette teacher went on about algebra, like she normally did.