Chapter Six - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)

Heyyylo guys! =D Welcome to chapter 6...written by me, SomeoneAwesome =D

If you, for some miraculous reason, really like this story so far and have wandered upon this chapter, you are awesome! So we'll try to post quickly to reward you guys =D

Okay, enough talking (since I've noticed that @Chocolate_Luv and @TheBoredDevil talk quite a bit...) and on with the story!

(Dedicated to @Cocoa8 for always being one of the first to read, vote, and comment on our newly updated chapters.)

* * * * * * * * * *

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter 6 (Addie’s POV)

          The first thing that I saw after I stepped into the door of my house was my annoying twelve year old cousin’s annoying little face. As if I wasn’t pissed enough already.

          He was standing right there in the doorway as I ripped open the door. Startled, I jumped a little.

          “Hey Addie!” Alex said cheerfully, the earplugs in his ears blaring a crazy, rock song that I had never heard before. “My gym teacher said we needed to bring deodorant, and I don’t have any, so can I borrow yours?”

          "Uh, no,” I told him flatly as I shoved him out of the way. “First of all, that is disgusting, and secondly, boys don’t need deodorant since they don't help. You guys smell bad enough."

          “Okay,” he said, shrugging it off. “Then can you lend me ten bucks?”

          “No, no, no,” I growled angrily as I made my way across the room. Does he ever shut up?

          “Aw, please, Addie?” he begged, flashing me his puppy face which always worked on his and my parents, but was something I somehow just could not master. "I really want this awesome new game but I kind of spent all my allowance on pizza the other day - "

          “No!” I said, storming towards the staircase. “Go away, Alex! Go do your homework! Don’t you have homework?” What I didn’t say, and took me quite some effort to bite back, was, 'you’d better have tons and tons of homework since I just came back from nearly six hours of it'.

          Six hours wasted, too, I added to myself angrily as I stomped up the stairs. All thanks to Paul.

          Arriving at my room, I smacked the palm of my hand onto the door and listened to the deafening booming sound that had erupted from it as it slammed shut. Then I dropped my backpack on the floor and flopped down on my bed.

          “Addie?” Alex called, pounding on my door. “I just need ten bucks!”

          “Get out of here!” I yelled and whipped a pillow at the door.

          Once I finally had some peace and quiet to myself, a repeat of the last events that had happened at Cyra’s house floated its way into my brain. We had been working peacefully…then the twins came along…then Sam chased them out with her surprising burst of anger…and then…

          I winced, as if I could still hear the horrifying crack of our project breaking into pieces. Right then, I felt like slapping Paul across the face.

          I was just glad that Zaira hadn’t been there to experience that. Otherwise, the police might’ve been involved. However, she had been dumb enough to get herself grounded, but then again, she had probably just done that so she could avoid working on our project and so she didn’t have to face Paul.