10: Worth to Remember

Start from the beginning

She frowned, "what would I complicate though?"

Jordynn chuckled, "I'll pray for Jeon."

"Huh?," she then looked at them questionably.

Rylie laughed, "trust me, the guy needs more than a prayer."

"You guys are weird," she commented, making the girls laugh. It was the first time they ate together like this, the feeling was new but comforting. All this time it was only Rylie she got to eat lunch with, but now there were four of them and it definitely makes her happy.

She was always worried if Rylie is getting tired of her. The girl is bubbly and could befriend anyone she wanted but she never left her side. She was thankful of course, but her insecurities would sometimes get the best of her. This time, she won't fret about her best friend getting bored of her because there's Jordynn and Julia with them now.

"So what are your plans about the three?," Rylie asked, talking about Daniel, Warren and Spencer. She didn't only tell them about the 'friendly' kiss but also her conversation with Judah in the diner—minus some parts (him sleeping in her unit and the sitting on his lap incident).

"I haven't thought of it to be honest," she answered.

"Well, midterm week is coming, aren't you going to take a week or two off from work?," Julia suggested. For almost two and a half years of working at the printing press, she never requested for a leave with that reason. She could always study at work whenever she's done with her tasks, but she admits it was a good idea.

"Do you even need a reason? Why can't you just tell them that you already knew about their undercover bodyguard duties or whatever they call it?" As expected from Jordynn.

"I'm actually close with the guys and I know if ever I tell them, our friendship won't be the same anymore. I don't want us to be awkward with each other," she explained and the girls immediately nodded in understanding.

"Then I guess you'll just have to use that midterm week excuse," Rylie concluded.

She doesn't know what to do and that's really something because she rarely ends up with a hard predicament like this. Does she really have to take a break from work?

Why are you even asking this? Of course you have to! You're bad at lying Liandra. You're hopeless when it comes to that. The moment any of the three saw you, he'll know there's something bothering you. Knowing them, they'll never stop pestering you until you tell them the truth. You just have to settle everything with your brother and a certain situation involving an mischievous guy, and everything's gonna go back to normal.

Atleast that's what she hopes so.

She was about to respond when she felt someone's presence beside her. She looked up and found Sophie from section C.*

"Hey Lian," the girl smiled.

"Oh, hi Soph," she politely greeted back.

"Coach Kaede is looking for you." She instantly wondered what does her coach wanted to tell her. "He's in the faculty room by the way," Sophie added.

She nodded, "okay, thank you." The girl nodded back before smiling at her companions and turning to join her own friends at their table.

"Coach Kaede?," Jordynn asked.

She remembered she still has not transferred when she was in the swimming team. She decided to quit last year because her extra-curricular activities started to affect her academics. She needed to take a break on one and she chose swimming.

"I was on the swimming team, ninth and tenth grade. I quit last year to focus on acads," she explained.

"Maybe he's going to convince you again?," Julia guessed. "I heard he's been trying to persuade you since first day of school."