Chapter 10

Rat

                 "You cant be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel

           is just a rat in a cute outfit." - Sarah Jessica Parker

Eli Pov

Me and Ziara just kept staring each other down like we were in a staring contest. I was more than glad when the car stopped and we were parked in front of an exspensive hotel. Someone came around and opened the door for us to get out. I was still mad about the whole situation so I was kind of throwing an attitude at Ziara. Shes killing me I swear. Shes doing stuff to me that no ones has ever done before. How, I have no idea.

I walked inside the building when a worker opened the door for me. Ziara walked in behind me but I was trying to push her out my mind. I cant be thinking like I have lately towards a female like this. It makes me feel soft and I promised that I would never be soft because of the person that I am. I went up to the front desk and got my card key to my room. Right now I needed to just lay down in a bed and clear my mind. I know that I have been tripping. "Eli!" someone called as I was on my way to my room. I pretended like I didn't hear them. I really didn't want to be bothered at the moment.

"Eli!" Colin's said out of breathe as he caught up to me. The worst person to see right now is next to me. I could have him killed and wouldn't give a fuck. I know it would be petty of me if I did so I just dropped it.

"What!" I snapped at him. People were used to me being harsh so he couldn't tell that I was actually snapping at him for an purpose that he caused. "When are we doing the deal today or tomorrow ...no body knows when but you." I sighed in annyonce, why did they send him to ask me? "Tomorrow so tell everyone to be ready by then." I plainly said. He nodded his head and was about to say something else but I said something before he could. "9 in the morning." I added and walked off before he could say another word to me. At that moment I wanted to shoot his head off but its to many witnesses around so I couldn't do anything.

I finally reached the elevator but my heart stopped when Ziara got on to. She looked good with her blue and white Jean shorts with an Marylin Monroe shirt and black sandles. This is really casual compared to what she normally wears. I rarely tell her that she looks nice and purposely. I ignored her as I stood next to her in the elevator. I also noticed that she has been speaking her mind towards me and not scared while she does it. At first when she first met me she was terrified, but then again who isn't. I have partnership with people that ive known for years and their still afraid of me, and I want it to stay that way.

Some how Ziara got to a level that I can be open around her and that's probably why she isn't afraid of me anymore. Shes on a level that took my bestfriend Dee to get to for years. The silver elevator doors opened and she stepped out. It was then that I noticed that she didn't speak to me at all. Most likely she didn't want to talk to me because of the incident in the car earlier. When the elevator had opened again it was time for me to get off and I walked down the hallway. Looking at each number until I found mine which I couldn't. It took me a minute to see that my room wasn't on this floor and I began to get grumpy. So I had to go to the floor that Ziara was on which was worse.

I dont know where actually her room was but I new it was on the same floor. At last I found the right room and went inside dropping my stuff on the ground and immediately got in the bed. In matter of minutes I was asleep.

Ziara Pov

I was aggravated like what the hell is wrong with Eli. He gets mad at me because I talk to other guys. Yeah we became good friends this past month but still doesn't give him a pass to act like this. Isn't he suppose to be the one who is all cold hearted and shit? Like really what is his problem? I bit my bottom lip in frustration. Their was a knock on my door and I went to go answered it but stopped to look in the peep hole. It was Colin and I was debating if I should answer it or not. Downstairs I told him what room I was in.