I'm Not You, Bethany

Start from the beginning

He hugs me. "I love you, Ariana."

I push him off me. "Good to know." I stand up and head towards the door. "This doesn't change a thing Evan. I'm not going to forgive you that easily. When I return to Los Angeles I'm living in my condo on my own. Can you give me time before you come around?"

He nods. "Can you do me one thing though?"

"It depends."

"I want to be there for the Doctor's appointments."

"Okay," I open the door and head to the car where Knox and Hans are waiting for me. "Did the cops tell you that we can't leave Nashville until after the investigation is over?"

"Yes, they did." Knox helps me into the car. "I called Lauren and told her that we're safe. I'm sure you're sister would love to hear from you as well."

"I'll give her a call in a moment." I put my seatbelt on and call Charlie.

Charlie: Hello, Ariana. It's about time you called.

Me: Hey, Charlie. I would have called earlier, but I was being interrogated.

Charlie: Knox told is about that. He even told me how our brothers stayed out of the fight because they wanted information that she has on Brad's daughter.

Me: That's right.

Charlie: I did some digging around myself and I found her.

Me: Really? Where is she?

Charlie's voice breaks as she tells me that his daughter is dead. She died last night when her foster father beat her.

My heart breaks for my brother.

He's not going to like that when he finds out what happened to his daughter.

Knox grabs my hand. "Someone needs to tell your brother."

I nod. "I'll do it. It's not going to be easy for him to learn that everything he did to me today and helping Bethany escape was all for nothing."

Me: Charlie, I'll tell him what you found out. If he needs more information I'll get him to call you.

Charlie: Okay,

Me: I'll see you when I get back to Los Angeles. We're stuck in Nashville until the investigation is over.

Charlie: Are you still going to stop by the mansion before it go home?

Me: Yes, I am. Bye Charlie.

Charlie: Bye, Ari.

I hang up the phone and look at Hans and Knox. "Can someone find out where my brothers will be after they leave the police station? I want to break the news to Brad."

I can't let my brother believe his daughter is alive when she's not.

It will be cruel of me to sleep on the information that was given to me.

He should have told the family about his daughter a long time ago.

We could have searched for her together and brought her home to her father earlier.

Now, it's too late for both father and daughter.

I won't let anything happen to make Evan not be apart of his child's life.

We have plenty of time to move forward from what happened this week.

***

Here's a new chapter trailer

Here's a new chapter trailer. Hope you enjoy it.