I take the stuff from the counter and then walk out of the bakery with Knox.

Lauren follows us out of the store.

Knox looks up at the roof and he moves his hand to his jacket pocket. "Get in the car." He opens the door to the black SUV next to us.

I climb into the car.

Lauren climbs in after me.

Knox climbs into the driver's seat and he pulls the car away from the curb.

"Where are we going Knox?"

Knox keeps his eyes on the road. "We're going to Lauren and my suite. Yours won't protect you now that the hitman is here. He's probably told Bethany where she can find you and I'm not going to let them get their hands on you."

"Do you know how she escaped?"

"Evan didn't tell me."

I take a sip of the hot chocolate in my hand.

Opening the bag I take out the muffin and start eating.

Lauren looks at it. "That smells nice." She looks at Knox. "Can we get some blueberry muffins?"

"I will order some when we get to our room." He continues to drive to the hotel.

It doesn't take long before Knox pulls the car in front of the hotel.

The driver's door opens and Knox steps out first. He looks around the perimeter before he opens the door for us.

Knox helps Lauren out of the car first and then he takes my hand and I step out. He leads the way to their hotel room.

Once we get into the room Knox orders room service for us.

After he hangs up from calling room service his phone goes off. "I wish my phone would stop ringing."

He takes the call and walks out of the room. He closes the door to the bedroom.

"Has his phone been ringing all morning?"

She looks up from the TV. "Yes, it has. Evan's been giving him updates on things."

I pull my phone out of my bag and I turn it on.

I need to tell my family I'm okay.

I ignore all the messages that comes through and I pull Mom's number up on my phone. I call her.

Mom: Hello?

Me: Hey, Mom. It's Ariana.

Mom: Are you alright, sweetheart?

Me: I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you.

Mom: Hans, has been keeping me up to date. I'm glad you called him.

Me: I feel bad that he's away from his family.

Mom laughs.

Mom: I promised him that when he gets back to Los Angeles that he can go wherever in the world he wants in our private plane.

Me: That's sweet. His daughters are going to have fun wherever they go.

Mom: I told him that he can spend up to a month away.

Me: Mom, how is everything in LA?

Mom: The media has been running things that Bethany said in the papers for the week. They're waiting for your side of the story.

Me: I'm not going to play the same game as her. The media's not my friend and I won't pretend they are. They do anything to get people to buy the shit they try to sell.

Mom: That's true.

Me: When I get home I want to spend time with you.

Mom: Why don't you stay with your father and I a bit before you go back to your place.

Me: Okay, love you, Mom.

Mom: I love you too. You should call Charlie.

I hear the door open to the room and I see Charlie and Jasper walk into the room.

Me: I don't have to. She found me.

Mom: I'm glad she did. Have fun with your sister.

Mom hangs up on me.

Charlie runs over to me and she hugs me. "I missed you."

***