They said I'd die

Start from the beginning

I heard laughter from the door and looked up. There was Black Veil Brides laughing at me ‘cause I was trying to spit the taste of the picture out of my mouth. Such fair guys. I stood up and went past them looking to the ceiling theatrically. But as I wanted to go out of the room, Jake grabbed my hand.

“Charlie… Charlie please go on tour with us!” Jinxx asked his voice full of hope. My eyes widened. This was not happening. Everybody knew Black Veil Brides wouldn’t just ask me to tour with them. But on the other hand, they were already here, which I had thought would be totally impossible too, so basically this could be real. I jumped up and let out a high squeal.

“OHMYGOD ARE YOU SERIOUS? REALLY? YOU WANNA GO ON TOUR WITH ME?” I screamed into Ashley’s face and he stepped backwards with a scared face. Andy pushed me down and looked me in the eyes.

“We are serious. So choose. Yes or no?” he asked.

“Yeah, of course! It’s just that I have to get the house sold, and wait until Mike’s out of there and he’s found who he’s going to and who I will go to when the tour ends and what will happen to all of this stuff and…” I answered my voice getting smaller and smaller as I found more things that I had to do.

“We will help you with all of that, and you will come to me when the tour ends. If you want, of course.” Andy said, solving all of my problems. I jumped up and hugged him. This was what I had been dreaming of my whole life. Man, man, man…

The phone rang and I ran to answer.

“Charlie Falls.”

“Hello Charlaine, this is grandma.”

“Oh, well hi… Grandma.” Well this was great. Everything goes wrong, and I just got it solved, and then grandma decides to call me. Awesome.

“I wanted to ask, if you are okay? And Michael and Helena?”

“I’m fine, just found a place I’ll go when all of this trouble is over, and Mike’s still at the hospital, and I don’t know how you dare even ask ‘bout Helly. You were at her funeral, you know she’s dead and you know it hurts me when you ask for her.”

“I’m sorry sweetheart, it’s a reflex. Anyway, we’re going to be there tomorrow ‘round eight, and then we will go through everything. Try to keep the house clean. And now, tell me, what’s this place you will go? Who’s there?”

“I’m going on tour with Black Veil Brides. I have already talked with Mike, and he said he wants me to go, I’ve wished for such a chance so long. There’s no more discussion to have, grandma. I’m going.” I said as I heard her take a deep protest breath.

“Well, if Michael says so… Then they must be good people.”

“They’re the ones that saved us, grandma.”

“Well, then… We will talk to them tomorrow. Try to find them a hotel, so we can sleep there too.”

“Sure.” I hang up, and looked at the guys with a weird face.

“So you’ve talked with Mike?” Jake said sarcastically.

“Well, if I’d say I haven’t, they would do anything to keep me with them. So I’ll go to Mike very early tomorrow and tell him the plan, he’s gonna be with me. He’s always with me.”

“Ookay. If you say so. And you’re sure you wanna leave him to those people?” CC said.

“They’re nice with him. It’s just me. Guess I’m too original for them. And yeah, we have to find a hotel for you, since they’re coming.”

Andy cleaned his throat and pointed to matrasses that were showing from behind the cupboard.  I raised my brow, but took a closer look.  Yes, there were really exactly five matrasses.  Well, then we could all fit in here. I grabbed one, and pulled it into Mike’s room. Jake and CC pulled two others. Jinxx said he’d sleep there too.

“If we clean this up a bit, you two can sleep here, kay?” I proposed. Andy nodded and started to pick up pieces of different pictures. I took a piece of the bed, but let it fall. Where did I think I’d put them? I sighed, and just grabbed a matrass.

“You can sleep in my room. This really makes no sense. I mean, where do we put all that stuff when we’ve collected it?” I said.

“Do you have boxes?” Jake asked. I nodded and went downstairs to the cellar. There they were, I had taken them to collect old bottles, but then the bottles had disappeared. So they were actually useless. I took two, and told them to take some too.

In about two hours we were ready with the room. It looked okay, not too good, but for an empty room it was alright. I pulled the matrasses to the floor and went to get cushions and covers.

On my way I checked my parents’ room. It was okay, but when I opened the closet, I almost fainted. The bottles.  They had hidden those bottles in their closet. I wanted to run away, but grandma and grandpa were coming, so I had to clean up. I took the bottles, and brought them to the garage, where we had put the boxes. I threw them directly away, hoping the rubbish would get collected soon.

I cleaned up the room, and took some of their clothes out. Some were stinking so much, I decided to throw them away, but some I just went to wash. Maybe I could use the bags later.

Mike’s room was clean, as always. Mine was okay, and so I went to cook. But as I wanted to turn on the owen, Ashley said he’d call the pizza service. Well, fine for me. We called, and soon we sat around the table eating pizza. At once I heard my phone ring. I jumped up, and ran upstairs.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Charlie. Talk to me.”

“Oh, well hi, Marlene. You know, it’s quite a long story…” But I told her anyway. She’s my best friend, guess I had to.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Charlie Falls, you are so stupid!” she yelled, but not angry, she was scared.

“They said we’d die. And I couldn’t do that to Mike.”

“But you told Andy fucking Biersack?”

“Don’t you call him like that! I lost control, okay? I just started talking, and then he was there, and now our parents are gone, and our grandparents will be here tomorrow. I’m sorry, gotta go. I’ll propably come to school on friday, kay? Love you, Marlene!” I hang up and saw my laptop. I hadn’t been on MSN for a while, and maybe I should tell Aurélie and ….

I opened my messenger, and saw all the mails from Aurélie. Oh God, I had been such a bad friend. I went downstairs with my messenger on, and answered to her questions, even if she was offline. And at last, I told her my story. It was time.

She came online, and I invited her to come on cam. She accepted, and I heard her relieved sigh.

“OHMYGOD CHARLIE! I’M SO GLAD YOU’RE OKAY! MY GOD, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING? “ she yelled, but smiled anyway. I told her, and then I started smiling, as I remembered, that Ashley Purdy was right next to me.

“Umm… Aurélie, guess who’s here?”

“Oh my God… Is it… Is it…”

“Say hi to Ashley!” I turned the laptop to Ashley who was just biting a piece off his pizza. He raised his brow and winked with his free hand. Aurélie squealed and started jumping up and down. Then she disappeared.

“Aurélie? Hey? You still there? Girl?” I asked, and she returned with her mom. Oh God, I just made her week.